Sette Forza

Printable View

• 01-25-2012
    TomcatD
    Sette Forza
    Looking for a new bike this spring. Im really impressed with a full carbon, full Ultegra bike for $2,000! I am just concerned with how compliant this frame is. I was originally leaning towards a plush bike like a roubaix, but i thus far enjoyed a Madone 5.2. Still looking. If anyone knows how the Forza (non IMS) frame rides I'd love to hear about it.
  • 01-26-2012
    Daren
    I have no experience with it personally, but I have seen a guy racing on one in the pro,1,2 crits around the southeast. If it's good enough for him ,it'd be good enough for me. I almost bought the ISM version this time last year, but I cam across a Litespeed on clearance for the same price, so I went that route instead.
  • 01-27-2012
    holy cromoly
    Not a direct answer, but rather a general comment...

Often, a lot of attention is placed on frame material for ride quality. One overlooked, but important factor, is tire size choice.

If you want a compliant ride, made sure you look into a frame that can handle tires larger than 23c. Larger tires give an instantly compliant ride when inflated to the minimum tire pressure required. If you can't cram in a larger tire, then riding at the minimum pressure of any tire will give a smoother ride. Of course rider weight and road conditions also play a big factor into how low of PSI you can run.

I currently ride an aluminum frame with 23c tires at 100psi and find the ride more cushy than my old carbon frame with 120psi tires.
  • 02-22-2012
    tsxi1
    TomcatD,

I just bought the frameset. I'm using it with a SRAM Force group and aluminum FSA wheels with 23 mm Conti tires. I'm upgrading from an ancient '95 Spec M2 Pro (alu metal matrix) w 23 mm tires as well. This is my first carbon bike.

To answer your question directly, this frameset is an awesome ride. It is very smooth and compliant. No hesitation in recommending it. Full marks. The vendor was fantastic too. Very responsive and I would definitely do business with them again.

I just came back from a 25 mile shakedown ride and I continue to be impressed with every aspect of this frame. I hope to own it for many years to come.

I've got a pair of nice 25mm Vittorias on order and I can't wait to enjoy a further improvement in ride quality. To that end, I've also filled my bars with a lightweight water-soluble spray foam, which noticeably damped out even more vibration. A good investment for 2 little ounces of extra weight. Virtually no finger numbness now!

Hope all this helps you out.
  • 02-22-2012
    vikedude
    Just got a Forza Pro a week ago.
    I just got the Forza Pro from Pricepoint a week ago. 2 rides on it so far. Doesn't seem any smoother than my other bike (steel) but it sure accelerates fast. I'm impressed so far. I think its the best Carbon/Ultegra bike value out there.
  • 02-23-2012
    lamazion
    I just picked-up the Cross version, CX-1. Great bike!
  • 03-30-2012
    vikedude
    Noob-Man you posted a private message about my thoughts on bike. Site won't let me reply until I post 9 more times. Great bike so far! Only regrets is the white bar tape looking dirty....
  • 04-03-2012
    Noob-Man
    Thanks VikeDude. Nothing else either positive or negative? How many miles so far?
  • 04-03-2012
    heybrady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tsxi1 View Post
    TomcatD,.

I've got a pair of nice 25mm Vittorias on order and I can't wait to enjoy a further improvement in ride quality. To that end, I've also filled my bars with a lightweight water-soluble spray foam, which noticeably damped out even more vibration. A good investment for 2 little ounces of extra weight. Virtually no finger numbness now!

Hope all this helps you out.

What is this foam you speak of?
  • 04-04-2012
    vikedude
    Not many miles on the bike maybe 150 but like I said can't beat the components for the price. If you do enough research, you will find the frame used for the Sette Forza is used by many other small companies. Some of these companies are selling the Forza frame for as high as $1800. Check out the Torrelli Montefalco to see what I mean. Don't overthink it, just buy ;-)
  • 04-11-2012
    tsxi1
    heybrady,

I used a can of DAP Insulating Foam Sealer Model 18836, thru a length of flexible extension tubing.

Note, it takes a good while for the foam to fully dry and cure. Mine took about a week to stop oozing, especially after a hot ride. Very easy to clean up, though.

Been in my bars about 2 months, pleased so far.
  • 09-17-2012
    kennygsr
    I'm in a simular situation with Sette and decided on either the Durata 1.0 or the Forza race. They are both the same price ($1,299 at price point) but the Forza is full Shimano 105 with a carbon frame and the Durata is full ultegra with a alloy/carbon frame.

I'm hoping to get some opinions from other riders who have chosen Sette or those that want to offer advice.

Thank you.
  • 10-09-2012
    Maxpilot
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kennygsr View Post
    I'm in a simular situation with Sette and decided on either the Durata 1.0 or the Forza race. They are both the same price ($1,299 at price point) but the Forza is full Shimano 105 with a carbon frame and the Durata is full ultegra with a alloy/carbon frame.

I'm hoping to get some opinions from other riders who have chosen Sette or those that want to offer advice.

Thank you.

I have the same interest in these. Let us know how your research goes.
  • 10-17-2012
    Newnan3
    1 Attachment(s)
    I got the primo.

The only i didnt like about it was the gawdy "PRIMO" on the top tube....so i painted over it. Kinda ghetto but it doesnt annoy me anymore.

Ive got a Sette mtb too. Happy with all aspects of both.