Specialized to Trek
    Bikes make girls hotter!
    Oct 2011

Specialized to Trek

I own a 2010 Allez and have been sitting on an unused 2010 1.2 for about a year. The Allez is a 56.5 cm and Trek said 54cm. I got tired of the Allez and switched all my goodies to the Trek frame. The Trek feels a bit lighter and more responsive than the Allez BUT my %$#^ toes rub the front wheel. I moved my cleats back as far as I could stand and have the rub down to a minimum but still. The current crank is a compact with arms that are too short feeling unless I am riding up a cat 4 or worse. I had to buy the shortest stem Specialized makes for the Allez to cut down on my neck pains after long road rides, The Trek like I said feels better and getting comfy was easy. Anyone racing a bike with the short wheel base rubbing their toes or am I looking at a bad crash in the making here??
    It is pretty much safe to assume I have no idea what I'm doing and that I need more fixing than my bike!

Not a climber
    Toe overlap is normal. Mine does it too and my frame is my size. There is no way you'll turn that far while going fast enough to cause any harm. The only time my toe hits my tire is when I'm standing still.

Bikes make girls hotter!
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I wonder how much overlap is cool, 1".. 3"?
    It is pretty much safe to assume I have no idea what I'm doing and that I need more fixing than my bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
    Toe overlap is normal. Mine does it too and my frame is my size. There is no way you'll turn that far while going fast enough to cause any harm. The only time my toe hits my tire is when I'm standing still.
    This is correct on all accounts.

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    Just be happy you're not using toe clips. That's REAL toe overlap there, whether your toes are in or not.
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB
    '93 Norco Nitro MTB Touring
    '88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
    1 hour of running = 1 hour of wasted time when you could have been riding. - Alaska Mike