RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018

Stradalli Faenza Aero Bike

I'm thinking about purchasing a Stradalli Faenza and wondered if anyone has ridden that bike before and has any opinions on it.

I know that 5-10 year ago Stradalli didn't have the best reputation, but over the last few years, they've shifted from open mold frames to designing their own frames and I understand that their customer service has really improved too. The warrenty still isn't stellar, but I thought now might be a good time to try them out.

Since Stradalli's in-house designed biks are so new, they're just now starting to be reviewed by Bicycle Magazine, etc. (and the reviews are great). But, there are only reviews for their most recent release, the Stradalli San Remo. The Faenza aero frame is a couple years old and there aren't any detailed reviews for Stradalli's ealier in-house designs (pretty sure this is an in-house design, I can't find any open mold frames that look like it).

This summer, I've sen many Stradallis racing and winning at Midwestern crits (including a win in the Pro/1/2 category at th Tour of America's Dairyland), but I haven't run into any Faenza riders to ask about their experiance with the bike. The Faenza did win the overall title at USA CRITS this year and finished second in the team category which really impressed me. So that's a vote of confidence for the bike, but I'd love to hear more experiances riding the Stradalli Faenza. Maybe even some comparisons to other bikes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018
    Oh, and a little more background on why I'm looking at the Stradalli Faenza over other aero road bikes.

First, I want an aero bike to complement my "climbing bike" (a Specialized Tarmac) and get some free speed.

Second, I pretty much know the Di2 and high-end FSA components and power meter that I want and based my bike shopping on finding a bike as close to those specs as possible so that I can minimize upgrades once I buy the bike.

Third, since I'm not willing/able to spend S-Works Venge money, I looked at every manufacturer that I could think of and landed on either the Canyon Aeroad or Stradalli Faenza, but the Faenza is cheaper once my preferred specs/upgrades are factored in. Plus, the Faenza has many of the aero features that I find attractive (very Venge-esque) and looks like it might be a better crit racer based on Aeroad reviews that I've read and the Faenza's USA CRITS results.

Fourth, since Stradalli pretty much allows you to build up/customize your bike, I won't have to worry about having unwanted wheels, saddles, etc.

Plus, online/phone purchases don't scare me too much since I have a pretty good grasp of my size/fitting needs.

With that said, I'd love to hear your experiances and thoughts on the Stradalli Faenza! Thanks for helping a new member guys! (I've enjoyed reading this forum for years, but never joined as a member until today!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stradalli Faenza Aero Bike-faenza.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Why does this "smell" like a shameless plug?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018
    I don't know. It really isn't. I promise. I'm trying to share as much of my thought process as possible regarding my interest in the bike and see what folks have to say, particularly folks who have ridden one.

If it helps convince you, the Faenza is several years old and Stradalli has two or three other aero bikes (and I'm pretty sure at least one of them is newer than the Faenza). If I was doing the a secret "shameless plug" I would be talking about the newer aero bikes.

And, for example, if I was looking for a new climbing bike, new/up-and-coming online bikes that I'd consider (in addition to the mainstream Specialized, Trek, Jamis, etc.) would probably be a Fezzari Fore CR5 and Canyon Ultimate before considering Stradalli.
    Last edited by Crash Prone; 10-03-2018 at 07:30 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002
    I agree that Stradalli products look great and well priced on their web-site.

Earlier this summer, I was interested in purchasing a pair of their handlebars, but had a few basic questions, like weight, and compatibility with Campagnolo Ergopower levers. To my complete surprise, they did not respond to my 2 separate e-mails with these questions.

Needless to say, if they could not find the time to answer my e-mails, I thought they were too busy to appreciate my business and hence purchased elsewhere. Very weird business model to say the least, and certainly raised a red flag regarding what their delay in shipping and customer service might be like if I made a purchase and ran into a problem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    I am sorry. Best of luck with it. Don't discount warranty service (from someone who knows 3 times over).

coaster
    Sorry, no info on that inexpensive aero bike but my input is to add the Fuji Transonic SL to your list. I'm very happy with mine and at $2000 for the frameset I got a reasonably priced bike built just how I wanted (very aero and 6.6kg for a 61cm). There's several builds to choose from too. Good frameset weight, aero, and ride. At the time I was sweating the Pinarello F8/10 and this seemed like the poor man's version.