Supersix Hi Mod 2018 vs 2018 S-Works
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Supersix Hi Mod 2018 vs 2018 S-Works

I have a small chance of getting an even swap for my size and similar condition S-Works Tarmac from 2018 for my 2018 Supersix Hi Mod.

Would u guys do it? I know Spec reserves their best of their best to have the name S-Works, how does the SS HM compare?

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by sramred View Post
    I have a small chance of getting an even swap for my size and similar condition S-Works Tarmac from 2018 for my 2018 Supersix Hi Mod.

Would u guys do it? I know Spec reserves their best of their best to have the name S-Works, how does the SS HM compare?
    Huh??? Where did you hear that, from the guy who wants to swap with you? Nope, I wouldn't do it.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Huh??? Where did you hear that, from the guy who wants to swap with you? Nope, I wouldn't do it.
    no, i said that. i know him personally, and have done business before and know each others familys. def no foul play here.
    What i meant was Specialized s-works is their highest level product

Given that both frames are in perfect condition, would the S-Works tarmac be a better frame than a 2018 SS HM?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I agree with Lombard. I wouldn't do it.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I know Spec reserves their best of their best to have the name S-Works, how does the SS HM compare?
    And Cannondale reserves their best of their best to have the High Mod name on it.

Impossible for anyone to answer without know why you want to swap. What are you looking to gain?

And of course.... ride both and pick the one you like better.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Which one's lighter?
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    Is one red?

Go with the red one

Seriously though, it's going to be difficult for anyone on the internet to answer your question in a meaningful way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    And Cannondale reserves their best of their best to have the High Mod name on it.

Impossible for anyone to answer without know why you want to swap. What are you looking to gain?

And of course.... ride both and pick the one you like better.
    i'm look for lighter weight, better aero, and more stiffness. If the s-works has any net benefit of these mentioned, i can do the switch. Would u guys do it if you currently had a 2018 SS HM?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Ordinarily swapping bikes and both doing a test ride would be the solution.

But from the sounds of it you might be able to just look at each website and see who's marketing BS you are more a sucker for. Aside from what a scale will tell you anyway.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post

But from the sounds of it you might be able to just look at each website and see who's marketing BS you are more a sucker for. Aside from what a scale will tell you anyway.
    Nail, meet hammer.
    Too old to ride plastic

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    i'm look for lighter weight, better aero, and more stiffness. If the s-works has any net benefit of these mentioned, i can do the switch.
    2018 SS HM: Frame weight 850g Fork weight 350g
    2018 S-Works Tarmac: Frame weight 800g Fork weight 338g

So you gave up trying to shed weight swapping all the other components? https://forums.roadbikereview.com/sa...ht-368793.html

Would u guys do it if you currently had a 2018 SS HM?
    Never
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Does the OP always have this much trouble making decisions? Getting dressed or going to the super market must be hell...
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Nail, meet hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    2018 SS HM: Frame weight 850g Fork weight 350g
    2018 S-Works Tarmac: Frame weight 800g Fork weight 338g

So you gave up trying to shed weight swapping all the other components? https://forums.roadbikereview.com/sa...ht-368793.html

Never
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Does the OP always have this much trouble making decisions? Getting dressed or going to the super market must be hell...
    Yea bro i'm on male fashion forums too, and dress shoes, and car forums, and hair styling forum, beer forums,

nah i'm still working on upgrading anything and everything i could, hence why i'm asking about the S-works. Is it stiffer then the SSHM? Some dude above says its about 70g lighter. How's the aero benefit? Heard the 2018 has some pretty bad aero

[REDACTED]
    Yea bro i'm on male fashion forums too, and dress shoes, and car forums, and hair styling forum, beer forums,

nah i'm still working on upgrading anything and everything i could, hence why i'm asking about the S-works. Is it stiffer then the SSHM? Some dude above says its about 70g lighter. How's the aero benefit? Heard the 2018 has some pretty bad aero
    If you want to go faster, why don't you just ride your bike more to get stronger rather than obsessing about 70g difference in weight which you will never notice? You won't notice any difference in aero either - really!
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    If you want to go faster, why don't you just ride your bike more to get stronger rather than obsessing about 70g difference in weight which you will never notice? You won't notice any difference in aero either - really!
    "ride your bike more" is not really the point. not sure why you dont see that.

70g weight savings in a frameset is a drop in the bucket, but i've managed to drop around 1lb and counting with my bike so far. still working at it.

back to the original question of: which is the better framset? Which would you guys take for the same price?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Eenie, meenie, mienie, moe
    ain't neither the one I would ride.

Dude, you're the one who's gonna ride it, you decide.
    Too old to ride plastic

Neophyte
    Kinda Coke vs Pepsi here, taking both for real rides is best chance of answering the question as others have said.

But what I would add is if your Cdale is under warranty. If so, I probably wouldn't do it.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Some dude above says its about 70g lighter.
    (850+350)-(800+338)=62

A lot of hassle for 62g. Especially when you said just a month ago...
    nope i didn't buy the wrong bike. the fit is good, comes with a well rounded set of components. .

[REDACTED]
    back to the original question of: which is the better frameset? Which would you guys take for the same price?
    I would chose the Cannondale SS Hi-Mod.

But as others have said, ride both and see which one you like the ride and feel of better.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Dudebro...the answer is neither. Get a Madone. More aero, more comfort in the same frame!
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

Neophyte
    Scott Foil is aero and comfortable enough to race and win Paris-Roubaix on...

Sweet Potato Kugel
    I would chose the Cannondale SS Hi-Mod.

But as others have said, ride both and see which one you like the ride and feel of better.
    This^

I have a Hi-Mod but proper crank arm, stem and total cockpit set-up making the ride infirmity more comfortable than a 10cm there and a full 5 cm there. What ever you feel more comfortable on will be what makes you keep riding Everyday, and its all about fit.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together