Tarmac vs TCR

Thread: Tarmac vs TCR

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005

Tarmac vs TCR

I've been riding a Tarmac for about 6 years now. An SL3 for 3 years, and then an SL4 for 3 years. It's light, lively, and comfortable. I'm thinking about a new bike. One option is the SL6. Another is the Giant TCR Pro.

Has anyone done any side-by-side comparisons? Is one more/less comfortable? Livelier? Better acceleration? More responsive? Easier to control?

If it matters, I'm 5'8", 150lbs, and I like to climb.

Thanks!

'brifter' is a lame word.
    I just gonna say that comfort is pretty much going to be the same. Unless you have a Domane or a Roubaix all bikes are soooo close on comfort it's not worth thinking about. A very small window covers geometry because human bodies are very similar actually. Combine that w/ the very small variation of fork rake/head tube angle=trail number...they all handle pretty well too. Small bikes have slacker head tubes/more offset, bigger bikes have steeper head tubes and less offset. Lighter wheels will accelerate better. Don't worry about what other people think, ride them and see what YOU think. Your most well spent upgrade dollars will go to wheels/tires.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Don't worry about what other people think, ride them and see what YOU think.
    ^^^This.^^^ Test ride both bikes. Buy the one you like the feel of better and the one that fits you better.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    It looks like the Tarmac has a Praxis BB30 with a Shimano conversion adapter for the BB, whereas the TCR just uses a BB86. Is one option better than the other? More reliable? Stiffer? Less prone to creaking?