Thoughts on torelli vs control tech fork combo on lynskey r230
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010

Thoughts on torelli vs control tech fork combo on lynskey r230

Hello all, Long time lurker first time poster.

I am purchasing a r230 lynskey ti road bike. It will have the torelli handlebar with a choice of either control tech or torelli full carbon forks. Do you guys have any opinions on what I should place on the bike? The other components on the bike are as listed below.

The R230 Lynskey R230 Titanium Road Bicycle with Sram Force - Lynskey Performance | Titanium Bicycles

Torelli Handlebar Aspect Handlebars

Torelli Carbon Fork Aspect SL Carbon Fork

ControlTech Fork https://www.bti-usa.com/public/manufacturer/CT/FK

I cannot find much info on either Torelli or Controltech on line. Are these manufactured in China? Anybody have any experience with these components and have an opinion particularly with placing them on a r230?

Thanks muchly for your response. Jason Wong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Personally, I'd question why you weren't getting the Easton Fork listed on the Lynskey web site. Otherwise, I doubt there's much difference between the two forks. To me, they're both a lower tier fork than the Easton.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Its not out of the question to get an Easton Fork. The standard is a ec70 fork (mix aluminimum carbon) which I could get at no extra cost. The Torelli or Control tech are upgrade forks. I suppose you are referring to the ec90 fork right?

I do trust Easton components because I mountainbike alot and have used their components on my mountain bikes and I do have some EC90 wheels on my cervelo.

Interestingly my LBS said they had more problems with Easton than with Control Tech or Torelli. Upgrading to the EC90 fork would cost more (about 100 or so more than the upgrade to the torelli and controltech forks).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Enve fork upgrade for the win.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Yep. I decided to go with the ENVE fork upgrade instead. really can't say to much maybe fork selection is sort of subjective.