Trek Madone 4.5 vs Cannondale Six Carbon 5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010

Trek Madone 4.5 vs Cannondale Six Carbon 5

Similar prices and components, both have decent 105 component set-ups for about $2k. Any thoughts on one vs the other?

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeguy
    Similar prices and components, both have decent 105 component set-ups for about $2k. Any thoughts on one vs the other?
    If you haven't yet been sized, fitted and test ridden both, do that, then decide based on what fits/ feels best.

If you have ridden both, IIRC the C'dale is a materials mix (CF main triangle/ alu rear), so that would sway me to the Madone. But in all honesty I wouldn't buy either, because (IMO) there are better choices in this price range.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    interesting....I've been looking around for a while and have found a bunch of bikes in this range. I actually wanted to stay closer to $1500 and was looking for an '09 leftover carbon/105 set up but am having trouble finding a 54cm available. I'm open to suggestions.....

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeguy
    interesting....I've been looking around for a while and have found a bunch of bikes in this range. I actually wanted to stay closer to $1500 and was looking for an '09 leftover carbon/105 set up but am having trouble finding a 54cm available. I'm open to suggestions.....
    54cm being a popular size, it's probably going to be difficult to find an '09 leftover given your specs. Because (I'm assuming) you'd want to buy new from a LBS and get some assistance with sizing/ fit, you might want to either include steel or alu bikes ($1,300-$1,500) or stay with full CF at around $2,000 - $2,200.

FWIW, I'm not anti C'dale or Trek, but I don't care for CF/ alu framesets and when I was shopping around for bikes, I really wanted to like the 4.5, but the more I looked at it (against its competition), the less quality I saw. Of course, YMMV.