Where to Buy: Columbus, Mizuno, or Look forks?

Jan 2005

Where to Buy: Columbus, Mizuno, or Look forks?

Looking for the best place to buy forks from one of these manufacturers. I am most interested in the Mizuno and Columbus forks. Google is turning up very little. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Mizuno M21 avail. @ bicyclebuys.com....
    This online store is the only one I know of that carries Mizuno in the USA.
    The M21( 375gr.,45mmrake) is their top of the line fork (I think) and costs$369.95; pretty expensive.
    I know that Will @ Fondriest USA(1-866-742-4537) will sell you a "top Carbon" (only 320gr. & ultra-stiff) made by Mizuno for $499. Will may have the MC-Full(377gr. & ultra-stiff) for alot less $. Both of these Fondriest forks are among the best available. Sometimes Will has some cut/and or slightly used forks for a great deal.
    I have seen Look HSC-5 at Colorado cyclist a while back at $500(yikes!)
    hope this helps.

RoadBikeReview Member

Mizuno

Mizuno themselves do no market or design the forks. Mizuno's are designed and distributed by Pesenti. Don't bother with the pesenti.it site. It's been under construction for 5 years. I did a quick search and these guys in the link seem to carry the models with a 1" steerer which I recall from a different post, is what you're looking for. Mizuno's are also available from UK sellers. Parker-International used to carry the line but no longer sells into the US retail market but there are other shops. Mizuno/Pesenti also make ITM forks. Don't bother as they are lower end. I have a Millenium which I swap in and out of frames to see if I want to keep them or resell. Pesenti's own brand forks are also made by Mizuno. I have one and it's excellent.

Columbus should not be a problem, nor Look, provided it's current production.

https://secure11.nexternal.com/share...t=products.asp

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvepercent
    Mizuno M21 avail. @ bicyclebuys.com....
    This online store is the only one I know of that carries Mizuno in the USA.
    The M21( 375gr.,45mmrake) is their top of the line fork (I think) and costs$369.95; pretty expensive.
    I know that Will @ Fondriest USA(1-866-742-4537) will sell you a "top Carbon" (only 320gr. & ultra-stiff) made by Mizuno for $499. Will may have the MC-Full(377gr. & ultra-stiff) for alot less $. Both of these Fondriest forks are among the best available. Sometimes Will has some cut/and or slightly used forks for a great deal.
    I have seen Look HSC-5 at Colorado cyclist a while back at $500(yikes!)
    hope this helps.
    I will call Will, thanks.

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boneman
    Mizuno themselves do no market or design the forks. Mizuno's are designed and distributed by Pesenti. Don't bother with the pesenti.it site. It's been under construction for 5 years. I did a quick search and these guys in the link seem to carry the models with a 1" steerer which I recall from a different post, is what you're looking for. Mizuno's are also available from UK sellers. Parker-International used to carry the line but no longer sells into the US retail market but there are other shops. Mizuno/Pesenti also make ITM forks. Don't bother as they are lower end. I have a Millenium which I swap in and out of frames to see if I want to keep them or resell. Pesenti's own brand forks are also made by Mizuno. I have one and it's excellent.

Columbus should not be a problem, nor Look, provided it's current production.

https://secure11.nexternal.com/share...t=products.asp

Yup on the 1" 45mm rake search. Found these guys as well but no one else. Working with GVH on a couple of unidentified Mizunos as well. Had bits to grab in these parts, eh?

jason

RoadBikeReview Member

Definitely hard

I've talked about Mizuno forks on this forum for 5 years but their US distribution is terrible so the names not been well known until Fondriest opened up Fondriest USA. That being said, it's not great in Europe where I lived for 6 years. Both Sintema and Pesenti seem to focus on the OEM's with the stand-alone fork market treated as an after-thought. As for the M21, I think you'll find it's only 1.125". Same issue with Fondriest USA as most of their production the past few years has been with 1.125" steerers, unless they happen to have an older one lying around. Not sure they were using Mizuno back then either.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by brookforest
    Yup on the 1" 45mm rake search. Found these guys as well but no one else. Working with GVH on a couple of unidentified Mizunos as well. Had bits to grab in these parts, eh?

jason

EuroCrash
    I have a Columbus Muscle Fork sitting around doing nothing. PM me if your interested.

SS

Jan 2005
    I have found the Mizuno Fiandre and Alpe d'Huez forks in 1" but on only the Fiandre in 1" 45 mm rake. I have not found any of the MC Full Carbons so I am a little confused about the line. Nor have I found anyone how has ridden the Fiandre and can't confirm it's a-c measurement though I believe it is 370 or less. It is a super light all carbon fork so it would be nice if someone could confirm it is not a noodle.

jason