Wilier Izoard vs...
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Wilier Izoard vs...

Well, I need help making a biking decision...

I'm a big guy at 6'4" and 230 lbs.

I'm relatively new to biking and currently have a really cheap bike, as I purchased a cheap bike first to make sure I enjoyed road biking before I invested a lot of money into it. I bought a 62cm GMC Denali. Like I said, CHEAP! hahaha! I think I had it shipped to my door for like $170. It has Shimano SIS Shifters, and it's got a 7 speed cog (sorry for my poor terminology) in the rear and 3 in the front for a total of 21 speeds.

I like it, it's never left me stranded, and I've enjoyed it, but I think it's time to upgrade to something a little nicer. I've only got a little over 200 miles on the bike currently, but that has been accumulated mostly in the past month or two.

The two contenders are...

NEW 2009 Wilier Izoard will a full Ultegra set. (Full Carbon)

or

NEW Felt Z85 (Aluminum frame)

I know these two bikes are extremely different both in price and material, but I am getting a KILLER deal on the Wilier, the only thing I don't like about the Wilier is the color, but beggars can't be choosers; so for now, price is not an option here.

Like I said, I am a beginner / newbie at biking so I just want to see what everyone thought about the two bikes and brands...

OR... if you think a better bike is out there for under $1200, please suggest it!

Thanks in advance!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Wow, if you're getting a brand new '09 Wilier Izoard w/Ultegra for $1200 I'd jump on that one right away....although you should test ride it first . It's more aggressive than the Felt, more for speed although the carbon should give a good ride.

If you don't get it, I'd say shoot it to me....but I need a 54!

The Felt Z will be a slightly relaxed geometry, though, so maybe more comfortable on long rides.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Also, do you guys think that me being 230 lbs. that Carbon would be an issue if I stand up and pedal hard, etc? Again, thanks for your patience, as I'm new to all this... haha!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    bump again on the weight question, sorry, it's just I don't know how long the Wilier will be available...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    Mustang,

I'm 6'4 240 right now(winter hibernation) and I ride an Cervelo RS. jump on the hot deal and don't worry about your weight. If the frame is big enough for you then you should be good to go.