2013 vs 2014 TMR01
    Off to the Pain Cave...
    May 2012

2013 vs 2014 TMR01

Anyone know what changes were made to the 2014 TMR01?

Also, is the TMR02 the same frame as the TMR01 with a different layup? Similar to say a 5 and 6 series Madone?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    Not sure about 14 changes to the TMR01, but I believe the TMR02 does not have the integrated front brake in the fork.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    One more thing....the TMR0X is just pure sex to look at and rides just as good.

I considered building up the new Fuji Norcom Straight TT frame as a road bike configuration, but kind of stumbled into a deal on a TMR01 frame.

Off to the Pain Cave...
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead65 View Post
    One more thing....the TMR0X is just pure sex to look at and rides just as good.

I considered building up the new Fuji Norcom Straight TT frame as a road bike configuration, but kind of stumbled into a deal on a TMR01 frame.
    My race team just got sponsored by a shop that carries BMC, amongst other brands. I have always raced for a Trek dealer, so the last 5 years of cycling has mostly been on a Madone. The BMCs caught my eye for sure.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Gearhead is correct, the TMR02 does not have integrated front brake (different fork) and it is heavier due to the carbon layup used. I haven't heard of any differences between the TMR01 from last year and the 2014. The only complaint I really heard about with the bike is that it could get noisy over rougher patches of road due to how the internal cable routing is set up. It would be great if they somehow fixed that. It's not the lightest frameset in the world either if that matters to you, but that's generally par for the coarse with aero road bikes for the most part. I have also heard rave reviews for the new 2014 SLR01 which is supposed to be a joy to ride.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

Off to the Pain Cave...
    May 2012
    I plan to ride the SLR01, 02, and the TMR01, 02 next week. They carry other brands, but but BMC looked pretty intriguing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Madone SIX View Post
    I plan to ride the SLR01, 02, and the TMR01, 02 next week. They carry other brands, but but BMC looked pretty intriguing.
    I look forward to your reviews. I am interested in each of those bikes, though the 01s are likely more than I would like to spend. I am also very interested in the new Felt AR, the Devinci Leo SL, and Boardman SLS. Hoping to start test rides after the holidays.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    Gearhead is correct, the TMR02 does not have integrated front brake (different fork) and it is heavier due to the carbon layup used. I haven't heard of any differences between the TMR01 from last year and the 2014. The only complaint I really heard about with the bike is that it could get noisy over rougher patches of road due to how the internal cable routing is set up. It would be great if they somehow fixed that. It's not the lightest frameset in the world either if that matters to you, but that's generally par for the coarse with aero road bikes for the most part. I have also heard rave reviews for the new 2014 SLR01 which is supposed to be a joy to ride.
    Yea, the frame wasn't the lightest. My build-out was at 15 lbs-14 oz with the Ultegra Di2, prev gen DA crank, and some import carbon clinchers.

On the frame noise, there was some kind of foam straws (like that pipe insulation, but a LOT smaller diameter) to run the cabling through inside the frame. Real PITA to get in there, but seemed to do the job. (Had built up with mech originally, then switched to Di2 recently.)