BMC Roadmachine! - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 386
  1. #351
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by gurk700 View Post
    Can't find anything on this. I call bogus.
    "Will ride" is future tense, right? Seems like you don't even know what you're talking about ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bodyelectric; 02-21-2019 at 03:41 AM.

  2. #352
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Ridin'Sorra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyelectric View Post
    "Will ride" is future tense, right? Seems like you don't even know what you're talking about ...
    Checked in today, updated as of 06Mar19

    BMC_UCI_06Mar19.jpg

    The Roadmachine 20 is not there.
    Leak? Maybe but being 13Mar and with races coming you'd think the model was already approved for racing if they decided so.

    Apparently Dimension used the Teammachine at Strade Bianche unless this new RoadMachine 2.0 is homologated (again?) before the cobbled classics.

    Still, being a 2016 model, it's starting to get long in the tooth. I want one, though!
    "que nadie se crea que subimos todos estos puertos sólo a base de spaghetti" - Fernando Escartín

  3. #353
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    10
    That is indeed funny, the Roadmachine 20 is gone from the list. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of this very thread. Gotta keep up sales of the old model until the release ...

    Dimension Data raced Teammachines at Strade Bianche, but then again you cannot really compare that race to Paris-Roubaix.
    Last edited by bodyelectric; 03-13-2019 at 01:45 PM.

  4. #354
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Ridin'Sorra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyelectric View Post
    That is indeed funny, the Roadmachine 20 is gone from the list. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of this very thread. Gotta keep up sales of the old model until the release ...

    Dimension Data raced Teammachines at Strade Bianche, but then again you cannot really compare that race to Paris Roubaix.
    Who knows?
    We would be seeing good deals on Roadmachines already but at least in Australia, that is not the case. They're still going at full pop mostly.
    "que nadie se crea que subimos todos estos puertos sólo a base de spaghetti" - Fernando Escartín

  5. #355
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    10
    We would be seeing good deals if people knew a new model is coming up and hang tight. But just like the fools they are, they rather trust corporate marketing than clear evidence and common sense.

  6. #356
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by utku View Post
    2019 02 frames come with a new ICStem that can be put on pre-2019 02 frames as well. This stem is actually very similar to the old ICStem for 01 frames, but my LBS told me the internals are a bit different to prevent creaking with round-steerer fork. So yeah, it looks like you can retrofit just the stem and the appropriate carbon top cone to your 2018 RM 02. Note that you still won't have full internal cable routing. For that, you'll need the ICFork as well. Please double check this with your LBS.
    Appreciate it.

    Just ordered a fork from the rm01 for my 02.

    Excited about being able to run the cables internally.

    Another dumb question, where exactly does the di2 internal battery fit into the rm02?

    Can it fit in the seat tube? Just because of the odd shape of the seat post I assumed maybe it wouldn’t fit in there..

    Thanks a lot for the input, I’ll keep you guys updated

  7. #357
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscjtaylor View Post
    Yeah you need the flat sided fork as well otherwise wont be any use to you.
    Ya, good to know. Thnx.

    Anyone have a link on a place that sells the rm01 low top come from 2017-2018? They’re sold out online but I guess my bmc dealer will have some laying around.

  8. #358
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by megladon View Post
    Appreciate it.

    Just ordered a fork from the rm01 for my 02.

    Excited about being able to run the cables internally.

    Another dumb question, where exactly does the di2 internal battery fit into the rm02?

    Can it fit in the seat tube? Just because of the odd shape of the seat post I assumed maybe it wouldn’t fit in there..

    Thanks a lot for the input, I’ll keep you guys updated
    I don't have Di2 installed on my 02 nor have 01 fork for internal cabling. But it's same as 01, inside the seatpost. In fact, 01 and 02 share the exact same seatpost. And that's where the battery goes in all models.

  9. #359
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by utku View Post
    I don't have Di2 installed on my 02 nor have 01 fork for internal cabling. But it's same as 01, inside the seatpost. In fact, 01 and 02 share the exact same seatpost. And that's where the battery goes in all models.
    yup.. just pull the seatpost to verify. Should be a hollowed out foam, the battery screws into the foam.

  10. #360
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Ridin'Sorra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridin'Sorra View Post
    Checked in today, updated as of 06Mar19

    BMC_UCI_06Mar19.jpg

    The Roadmachine 20 is not there.
    Leak? Maybe but being 13Mar and with races coming you'd think the model was already approved for racing if they decided so.

    Apparently Dimension used the Teammachine at Strade Bianche unless this new RoadMachine 2.0 is homologated (again?) before the cobbled classics.

    Still, being a 2016 model, it's starting to get long in the tooth. I want one, though!
    09Apr... 5d before Roubaix no Roadmachine on the UCI approved list... yet.
    Dimension Data rode Tour of Flanders on Teammachines and Timemachines.

    But then, Specialized just released the new Roubaix... which is not on the list as Approved but the pictures seem to have a UCI sticker on the bike.
    "que nadie se crea que subimos todos estos puertos sólo a base de spaghetti" - Fernando Escartín

  11. #361
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    10
    So, I was wrong. Dimension Data raced Teammachines on Sunday. Also, the new Specialized Roubaix has been approved as "ROUBAIX MY20" on 27.09.2018.

    It is actually quite strange with Specialized, Trek, Giant and others actually racing their endurance platforms while BMC does not - despite the race-winning BMC Granfondo from a couple years ago ...
    Last edited by bodyelectric; 04-16-2019 at 12:31 PM.

  12. #362
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    646
    There is a new bike coming from BMC. I'm not clear on whether it will be a new RoadMachine or something else.

    I was told it will be a platform suitable for some gravel. Not much in the way of details though ( release date, other details).
    Last edited by Finx; 04-23-2019 at 12:24 AM.

  13. #363
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Ridin'Sorra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyelectric View Post
    So, I was wrong. Dimension Data raced Teammachines on Sunday. Also, the new Specialized Roubaix has been approved as "ROUBAIX MY20" on 27.09.2018.

    It is actually quite strange with Specialized, Trek, Giant and others actually racing their endurance platforms while BMC does not - despite the race-winning BMC Granfondo from a couple years ago ...
    Not everyone has been using their endurance bikes. Canyon riders are on Ultimates and Aeroads (on cobbles!!!). Van Der Poel is racing with his Aeroad. Endurace's nowhere to be seen. Van Avermaet was on a previous generation Defy (the one that is lighter with an integrated mast).

    My guess is that Endurance bikes are not a thing in the peloton anymore thanks to disc equipped racing bikes that are just compliant enough. Exception made for Specialized and Pinarello that are pushing something very specific.

    The Roadmachine is up for a revamp at any rate, so you are not wrong. Something must be coming.
    "que nadie se crea que subimos todos estos puertos sólo a base de spaghetti" - Fernando Escartín

  14. #364
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2
    Hi guys,

    I also think about becoming a proud owner of a Roadmachine (02 One 2019). It has a black finish, but in some parts the light gets broken and it looks like patches where the Carbon underneath has been joined or the frame was sanded. Do you know if that is normal because there is no "real" varnish layer above or if I was shown a defective unit?

    Many thanks for any helpful comments. God I hope that this is the "carbon finish" of the bike so that I can buy it with a calm mind 😊

    Best,
    Phil

  15. #365
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    646
    That's a very normal feature of BMC naked finishes.... I've had three of them and they all have it.

  16. #366
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    I'm the original owner of a matte black Roadmachine and the paint is exactly like what you described. Since there's very little or no clear coat on top of matte paint, you can see the individual patches of carbon or where they fold etc. So this is perfectly normal.

  17. #367
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2
    Many thanks for the info to utku and Finx. I got myself a great new bike 😁

  18. #368
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by VIRUS View Post
    Many thanks for the info to utku and Finx. I got myself a great new bike
    Pics or it didn't happen

  19. #369
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by VIRUS View Post
    Many thanks for the info to utku and Finx. I got myself a great new bike 
    Congratulations on your new bike VIRUS. Roadmachine is just such a great bike. You will not be disappointed.

  20. #370
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    9
    Just wanted to show up my RM 01 I just built from scratch with my desired parts. Very happy with result and quality of the ride.
    Never imagined I would have a blue bike but when I set my eyes on this frameset on sale I pictured it with everything else black and I started falling for it...
    Loved it!

    It is hitting 7.5kg, which is not bad for a disc brake set and aero wheelset.
    Still, any chance to make it lighter without breaking the bank?

    It does feel a little heavier and slower in acceleration if compared to my previous bike, but it is not a fair comparison as it was a Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod with rim brakes and very light Mavic R-Sys SLR wheels (6.5kg with powermeter and everything).

    But the BMC is surely more comfortable and faster on flats and descents - I think the wheels make the biggest difference here.

    BMC Roadmachine 01.jpg

  21. #371
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    10
    So, here you go - Roadmachine 2.0


    The design of the bottom bracket area has clearly changed quite significantly in order to deal w/ the UCI approval issue


    Not so wrong, after all ...
    Last edited by bodyelectric; 06-19-2019 at 11:59 PM.

  22. #372
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    646
    The fork design changed also. I had a serious vibration in the front fork on my original RM-01 under heavy braking. Hopefully they have remedied this. It was pretty scary.

  23. #373
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Finx View Post
    The fork design changed also. I had a serious vibration in the front fork on my original RM-01 under heavy braking. Hopefully they have remedied this. It was pretty scary.
    Has the front end geometry changed? I found the roadmachine had too much rake & trail making cornering unpredictable. The bike would always run wide, giving a feeling the front wheel could wash out at any time.
    That was my main reason to sell the bike.


  24. #374
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    646
    I didn't compare the geometry details. I sold my RM01 as well, but it was due to the fork vibration under heavy braking. I hadn't heard anyone else complaining about this (several in my riding group ride RM01s), so it may have been a problem unique to me (I'm a serious Clyde at 6' 5" and 230lbs).

    Bikerumor has details about the geometry, and the other changes as well.

    https://bikerumor.com/2019/06/19/bmc...ndurance-road/

  25. #375
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 9W9W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Finx View Post
    I didn't compare the geometry details. I sold my RM01 as well, but it was due to the fork vibration under heavy braking. I hadn't heard anyone else complaining about this (several in my riding group ride RM01s), so it may have been a problem unique to me (I'm a serious Clyde at 6' 5" and 230lbs).

    Bikerumor has details about the geometry, and the other changes as well.

    https://bikerumor.com/2019/06/19/bmc...ndurance-road/
    I thought I read somewhere that they did in fact change something about the fork blades?

    The only other thing I could think of is warped rotor, or if your fit is somehow in the extreme then weight distribution.
    "That pretty much sums it up. I'm 43 and my max is ~178-180. If that HR chart was mine or Froome's, we'd be on the verge of death. But for you it probably looks like a normal workout." -TLG

    LOLOLOL

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.