Let's see your BMC!

Printable View

• 09-05-2009
    MB-BMC
    6 Attachment(s)
    Here is my new pro machine. I finished the build about two weeks ago, but have not been riding it yet because it's been raining, and raining and raining here in Denmark since I completed it :(

So instead of riding it today I took a few pics :) The stickers on my ZIPP 404 rear wheel had a few scratches on them, so I took them off and actually I think the de-badged wheels look even better with this bike... What's your opinion, should I ''re-badge'' or ''de-badge''..???

As the pics shows the gruppo is Campagnolo super record. The stem/bar is 3T and the saddle is Fizik Antares carbon. The seatpost is the Easton that came with the frameset, but I thought the aluminum head was really ugly and looked out of place on the BMC, so I have painted it black.

I can't wait for some better weather so I can get out and ride this new dream machine...
  • 09-05-2009
    trunkz22
    Beautiful bike and pictures of ot! I like a bike / wheels with the decals.
  • 09-05-2009
    MB-BMC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by trunkz22
    Beautiful bike and pictures of ot! I like a bike / wheels with the decals.

Thanks..! I'm really happy with the build - these BMC bikes are indeed special.

I have actually ordered new decals for my rear wheel and I will use the time until they arrive to decide if I will ''de-badge'' or ''re-badge''. On my old bike the ZIPP decals was a definitive plus, but here the graphics on the bike itself is really strong, so the stealthy look of the ZIPP's without the decals is actually quite cool.... hmmmm...
  • 09-11-2009
    haydos
    Here was mine the day it was first built...

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3610...38ab8994_o.jpg

Then after I changed a couple of things...

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3172...51683fd4_o.jpg
  • 09-11-2009
    SIX:am
    Haydos - why did you change your groupset and wheels?
  • 09-12-2009
    haydos
    Still have the lightweights, I sold the record, bought super record and put that on my colnago eps. Got red for a bargain and wanted to try it out
  • 09-12-2009
    Haydos - how do you like the Red so far? I got to try it once on my buddies R3SL, not too bad but I'll still stick with my Campy:D. How do you like your Lightweights? Are they worth the money?
  • 09-12-2009
    haydos
    Red Ergo's are great, rear shifting excellent, brakes excellent, front shifting less so. The Stronglight rings made it better, but I think a Dura Ace FD would make it sweet. Even though, I prefer Super Record functionality and ergo's really.

LW's - well they are lightweights! Not flash in crosswinds or that aero, but stiff. I think i'd prefer Bora's. (Bora's were more expensive at the time so I settled on LW's). Yes heavier, but more aero and repairable. The Edge's have been great, although I spend most of my time on Neutron Ultra's on the EPS.
  • 09-14-2009
    Haydos - I've always thought that the Lightweights were more expensive than the Bora's. I didn't notice the Stronglight chainrings, they are definitely better looking I think. Overall, your Pro Machine is beautiful!
  • 09-23-2009
    jpdigital
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnHenry
    small contribution

The white Speedplay pedals are a very nice touch. :thumbsup:
  • 09-23-2009
    stickystuff
    1 Attachment(s)
    new frame is home and happy with its siblings.
  • 10-02-2009
    crank1979
    My commuter
  • 10-04-2009
    MB-BMC
    1 Attachment(s)
    New wheels...
    My new Easton EC90 Aero's just arrived and I'm looking forward to some decent weather so I can give them a spin :)
  • 10-05-2009
    swimfan
    BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!
  • 10-05-2009
    trunkz22
    I agree, i had to save it...
  • 10-05-2009
    Miiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MB-BMC
    My new Easton EC90 Aero's just arrived and I'm looking forward to some decent weather so I can give them a spin :)

I love that set up, very nice.
  • 10-08-2009
    Jlitespeed
    11 Attachment(s)
    2009 Bmc Slx01
    56cm-Yellow, Sram Red, 53-39 (11-25), Reynolds DV 46C UL, PowerTap, Garmin705, Zipp Contour SL 46cm, Zipp cages, Zipp titanium skewers, Vittoria Corsa EVO CXII tires, Fizik Antares Braided Carbon Saddle and Yokozuna Reaction Cable Kit.
  • 10-08-2009
    Miiles
    Looks very nice, cool bike.
  • 10-27-2009
    grumpyphil
  • 10-27-2009
    rdubbz
  • 11-03-2009
    CliveDS
    2010 Team Machine SLR01
  • 11-21-2009
    CKanner
    2 Attachment(s)
    Here is my 56cm BMC Road Racer. Sram Rival, Zipp 404 wheels + Sram Red Cassette, Ultegra Crankset and Easton EC70 stem.

Its been a great bike, but i will be upgrading to a ProMachine this spring. The ProMachine is Black/White and will be full Sram Red + the Zipp 404 from my old frame + Easton EC90 crankset + EC90 aero bars + Yokozuna cables. I'm wicked pumped for next season on my hot new wheels.:thumbsup:
  • 11-25-2009
    c0d3man
    My old SLT01 rig
    She's old, but still goes well, added a new sibling to her aswell, purchased a Black Streetfire SSX, should be arriving next week. Will post a picture once i put it together.

Glad to see lots of BMC fans out there. I'm certainly one of the fanatics. :thumbsup:

http://www.sqlbox.com.au/images/Proc...%20(Large).jpg
  • 12-17-2009
    DI75
  • 12-17-2009
    CliveDS
    Now! Thats a cool bike.