the little BMC GARAGE..... SLT-01 (BLACK / SWISS / PHONAK) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedips View Post
    Wow what a time machine I just googled BMc slt01 and found my old post... It's been a while and I've been through quite a few bikes and parts... But one thing still stays true...

Still have my BMc w/ fulcrum racing zeros.... And mechanical dura ace... I love this bike
    Too funny, I just did a search and found your reply to this old thread. Here is mine with Fulcrum Racing Zeros and RRS crankset, and SRAM 10 speed.

large.jpg

and here is its cousin...

large.jpg

Both great bikes that I still enjoy spending time on. I happen to think (I could be wrong) that the uniqueness of the design of this model in a sea of cookie cutter carbon frames will make it somewhat collectible. All I know is when I want something light and face, I jump on my SLT01. Otherwise for me, it will be something vintage. The funny thing is, now this frame is starting to look vintage compared to all of the other current carbon frames. When I bought it, it was cutting edge technology and part of then current peletons around the world. But that is just the way of everything...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Quattro_Assi_07; 03-13-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    San Antonio, Texas

RoadBikeReview Member
    Miss mine...

BUT Having a C59 and S-WORKS Venge dulls the loss, somewhat. She was a great ride that lasted 7 years.
    carbonLORD.com

B05
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone got an Astana BMC frame?

There was one for sale on EBAY a month ago. It was a beauty.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    Hi, I just bought mine from my friend exactly the same like your slt01. Could you please tell me more about the bike? Is it special model? What year is it? and how much was it brand new? because I've been doing research about this color, I couldn't find anything about it. You are my only link to the same exact one....Thanks much
    photo.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    You want to sell it? I regret selling mine. Would have made a fine crit bike.

Original MSRP on Competitive Cyclist's web site was $3000 with Easton EC90 fork, Seat Post and FSA headset.

I have never seen another one, other than yours in this same color, (with the gray band on the top tube). It is a 2003 mode. The following year they did away with the gray band and made it a white outline instead.

I bought mine on eBay for $900 and sold the fork in favor for one of my own (at the time when I was doing carbon cranks, posts, bars etc.) I sold it after 7 years of use in 2011 for $1400 replacing it with a Colnago C59.

I owned a 57cm which has a 58.5 top tube length.

Hubolt the watch manufacturer did a promotional stint with BMC and showcased this model:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hubo...t#q=Hublot+BMC

Other then that, there is no information on this color and I've never seen another 57 for sale in any marketplace.

Make sure you do not exceed 4nm of torque on the seat clamp or risk cracking the alloy skeleton section. I know it says 5nm max but dont do it. Use carbon paste, start with 3nm and alternate the bolts working your way up to 4nm. I saw a few (might have been just paint) with hairline cracks from over tightening this section.

You can get replacement derailleur hangers for $25 from CC or on eBay.

The bike rides like aluminum, stiff and corners like no other. It handles road buzz marginally but it is a lean, mean racing machine so don't feel you have to baby it. I am 6'3" at 195lbs and beat the shhhh out of mine with no issues.

Enjoy it! I'll find another one day hopefully in as good of condition as yours.

Anything else I can tell you about it, just ask.

Cheers,

cL
    Last edited by carbonLORD; 03-17-2014 at 12:21 AM.
    carbonLORD.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonLORD View Post
    You want to sell it? I regret selling mine. Would have made a fine crit bike.

Original MSRP on Competitive Cyclist's web site was $3000 with Easton EC90 fork, Seat Post and FSA headset.

I have never seen another one, other than yours in this same color, (with the gray band on the top tube). It is a 2003 mode. The following year they did away with the gray band and made it a white outline instead.

I bought mine on eBay for $900 and sold the fork in favor for one of my own (at the time when I was doing carbon cranks, posts, bars etc.) I sold it after 7 years of use in 2011 for $1400 replacing it with a Colnago C59.

I owned a 57cm which has a 58.5 top tube length.

Hubolt the watch manufacturer did a promotional stint with BMC and showcased this model:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hubo...t#q=Hublot+BMC

Other then that, there is no information on this color and I've never seen another 57 for sale in any marketplace.

Make sure you do not exceed 4nm of torque on the seat clamp or risk cracking the alloy skeleton section. I know it says 5nm max but dont do it. Use carbon paste, start with 3nm and alternate the bolts working your way up to 4nm. I saw a few (might have been just paint) with hairline cracks from over tightening this section.

You can get replacement derailleur hangers for $25 from CC or on eBay.

The bike rides like aluminum, stiff and corners like no other. It handles road buzz marginally but it is a lean, mean racing machine so don't feel you have to baby it. I am 6'3" at 195lbs and beat the shhhh out of mine with no issues.

Enjoy it! I'll find another one day hopefully in as good of condition as yours.

Anything else I can tell you about it, just ask.

Cheers,

cL

Thanks for the info, and yes I wanna sell it, the reason is just because it's kinda too big for me. Other than that, just like you described, it's a really fast bike and great overall. Let me know if you are interested. Size 55, Ultegra components with dura ace rear derailleur and rolf prima vigor wheels.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Unfortunately I need a 57, darn! Ah well, you should be able to fetch a pretty penny for it. Yes, the older BMC's you had to go down a full size on. Up until only a few years back even. I always check the top tube and head tube length when shopping for them. Best of luck with the sale.
    carbonLORD.com

RoadBikeReview Member

2003 bmc slt-01

I believe your bike is a 2003 SLT01. It says TRF03 on the rear chainstays, which gets confused with being the model number, but it's not. They eliminated that wording on the chainstays on later models.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bike.racer; 06-04-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12