11-speed chain w/ quick link?

Nov 2008

11-speed chain w/ quick link?

Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried one of the various 10-speed quick links with the new 11-speed chain?

Mike

kytyree
    Look through some of the threads here in the Campy section, its nothing on the market right now looks optimal for joining the chain that way.

Know anyone that has the CN-300 to join the chain for you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

info....

Quote Originally Posted by MJCarnegie
    Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried one of the various 10-speed quick links with the new 11-speed chain?

Mike

I've read of one user who claims success with a SRAM 10 powerloc. From a fit standpoint the SRAM link, KMC 5.9mm made for the Campy UN or Forester Superlink model 4 should all be the same. They are all all too wide and all have too much side clearance, but are probably useable. The fit of the link is like a well worn chain when new.

Nov 2008
    Look through some of the threads here in the Campy section, its nothing on the market right now looks optimal for joining the chain that way.

Know anyone that has the CN-300 to join the chain for you?
    No, unfortunately I don't. I've always been a big fan of Campagnolo products and have used their stuff on various bikes over the years, but this tool specific chain business has me pissed. Might have to look into another chain for this build. The thought of spending $300 (USA suppliers) for a chain tool is absolutely ridiculous IMO. I don't care what it's made out of. Sorry for the rant....

Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

won't work...

You can get the tool for about $150 from the UK. All other Campy parts are also much cheaper from the UK.

There is no other chain that will work. All modern 10 speed chain are the same 5.9mm width and they will shift like crap with the 11 speed cassette.

If you're too cheap to buy the tool, try one of the connecting links I mentioned.