2009 source...

Thread: 2009 source...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

2009 source...

Here's a link to another UK site with decent prices for 2009 Campy. Unfortunately, there is no 11 speed in stock, but at least the prices are advertised.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/Produc...72&RootCatID=1

RoadBikeReview Member

Thanks for the link C-40!!

I may have to get the Centaur kit and return the demo group I bought from CC as it was $500 but did not include a cassette. Plus one of the carbon levers has a pretty big chip in it (down to the bare carbon)is which bothered me a bit.

TJ

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    I got some 09 Centaur shifters and other stuff in about a week from Ribble. No problems.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    There is another shop with sensible prices:

http://www.bike24.com/

Keep in mind that all the prices are including VAT, so you have to clear off 19 %.
    Play & ride!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artnshel
    I got some 09 Centaur shifters and other stuff in about a week from Ribble. No problems.
    How much did they charge for shipping? Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007

Smile

PBK, also has some reason able price for 09 Centura and Velocs parts. Free shipping for US and Canada.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.ph...9%20Campagnolo

kytyree
    Ribble charges a flat 20 British Pounds for shipping to the US.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kytyree
    Ribble charges a flat 20 British Pounds for shipping to the US.

That's $36

cycling as lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by igor-jz
    There is another shop with sensible prices:

http://www.bike24.com/

Keep in mind that all the prices are including VAT, so you have to clear off 19 %.
    +1 on Bike24. There's a way to automatically deduct the VAT, just change the country to anything that is not within EU. Well stocked too, for example they have Specialites TA and Stronglight chainrings for Campy at very reasonable prices (among other things). A site worth checking out IMO.

Ned

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

not always..

Quote Originally Posted by ti-triodes
    That's $36
    I orderd one small, but expensive item from Ribble and was charged 14.5 pounds.

Total Cycling charges 15 pounds if the order will fit in a Parcel Force flat rate box.

PBK often has no freight charge, but it can still be hidden in the product cost.

Obviously, you don't make small orders from these sources, but if I save hundreds of dollars on a large order, $36 for shipping is peanuts.

I get charged that much in sales tax (3%) if I order $1200 worth of product from any catalog with a Colorado presence, which includes, Nashbar, Performance, Excel and Colorado Cyclist. Then there's freight on top of that.

RoadBikeReview Member

hey c-40, where do live?

Quote Originally Posted by C-40
    I orderd one small, but expensive item from Ribble and was charged 14.5 pounds.

Total Cycling charges 15 pounds if the order will fit in a Parcel Force flat rate box.

PBK often has no freight charge, but it can still be hidden in the product cost.

Obviously, you don't make small orders from these sources, but if I save hundreds of dollars on a large order, $36 for shipping is peanuts.

I get charged that much in sales tax (3%) if I order $1200 worth of product from any catalog with a Colorado presence, which includes, Nashbar, Performance, Excel and Colorado Cyclist. Then there's freight on top of that.

i didn't know you were in colorado. just wanted to say hello to a fellow coloradan or coloradoan... (former californian or californan )

thanks for the link to ribble- i will be ordering my wheels from them. any experiences with those guys?

ride on!!

TJ

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

about ribble..

The only thing I've ordered so far is the new Campy 11 speed chain tool, that was claimed to be in stock on 10-4-08. I got an order confirmation, but no credit card charge and no response to an e-mail sent early this morning. So far, I'm bummed. I'll probably have 11 speed parts and no chain tool. I think with most Euro sources, you don't want to be in a hurry.

I've now found the tool at Total Cycling, but it would be $215, as a separate shipment.

I also had some trouble with Bike 24. Communications was excellent, but the shipping for two groupos was increased from 30 Euros to 100, using DHL premium. Apparently the value of the order is driving up the cost, perhaps for insurance. The order will be split into 3 packages. The order is still cheaper than the parts I've got coming from Total Cycling, but Total has a lot better shipping arrangement with Parcel Force in the UK. Parcel Force transfers to USPS, so the parts come to you in the mail.

kytyree
    If Ribble didn't at least ping your card I would think they aren't going too. I order from them a lot and their billing shows up immediately. In fact I usually have one pending charge where they confirm the card (or whatever that's called) and then later the actual billing and the pending charge will fallout eventually. It can be a pain as $500 worth of parts temporarily takes up $1000 off my card.

They do take some time to actually get the orders out the door though, but if they said it was in stock it would surprise me if it wasn't. Pick an item on there site and add one to your cart and then incrementally increase the quantity, their system seems to know how many of any one item they have in stock and so far I haven't ever gone to back order from them, but I have seen them take a week to ship.

If you go to there site and login you can check the status of your order there and you should be able to pull the tracking number. So far they have been good to me but I did have shipment end up in New Zealand, maybe Parcelforce's fault but Ribble is re-shipping.

I have never gotten a response from them via email though and I have tried many times. The time zones make it difficult but I have gotten them on the phone when needed.

The tool is still expensive there but everyone else's prices on it make theirs seem like a gift.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    I've ordered stuff from Ribble, and sometimes items are left off my order (e.g., Chorus cassette, Giordana jersey). With the jersey, it was only $30 and they sent me 2 of the 3 I ordered, so I assumed they only had 2 in stock and didn't contact them because I didn't care if they sent it to me later or not. With the Chorus cassette, I was kind of in limbo because I really wanted it and didn't know if I should order from a different retailer or not. I definitely didn't want to order it from a different retailer and then one from Ribble and the second retailer. It took forever to hear back from Ribble about canceling the order. I wasn't too happy about that. Good luck with the chain tool C-40.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

more...

Ribble finally charged my card, 5 days after placing the order, so I guess the tool is being shipped. Never responding to e-mails stinks. Bike-24 sent me several e-mails and responded immediately to my replies. I've now got three packages on the way from them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Glad to hear that things are going to work out with the chain tool. If anybody needs to start using this stuff, it would be you so that we can get a good review of it.