2019 SR RD with 11-34 cassette
    Matnlely Dregaend

2019 SR RD with 11-34 cassette

I'm a little confused with the Campagnolo PR and what the parts manuals say... Chorus went to twelve and Campy states that they have a newly designed RD that allows the new 11-34 cassette to work, whereas the previous 12 speed SR RD is only spec'd for 11-32. The new 2020 SR RD also apparently will do 11-34. When I look in the parts catalogues though the only difference I see for parts is that the backplate now has a new Chorus number, but besides that 2019 and 2020 are exactly the same. As I have a 2019 SR RD, will it work with a 11-34 cassette?
    Last edited by DrSmile; 06-07-2020 at 07:00 PM.
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't been %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

RoadBikeReview Member
    The Campy 20-21 RD Technical manual states that only Chorus 12 can handle 34T, Record and SR can only do 32: https://www.campagnolo.com/US/en/Com...ear_derailleur

Matnlely Dregaend
    2020 SR can do 11-34 as I stated, Campy now makes a 11-34 SR cassette. The thing is that it says the rocker arm is different, but all the part numbers seem the same...
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks

Matnlely Dregaend
    I think I understand now after researching this a bit. The only thing different is indeed the inner cage, which must rub on the more inboard sprocket on 4 tooth jumps. The good news is they sell just the plate so that should fix the issue part # RD-CH1203
    Last edited by DrSmile; 06-08-2020 at 12:05 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good catch, but now it seems that the lower assembly, RD-SR1202M can come with either the original or the new Chorus backplate as that assembly part number remained the same.

Matnlely Dregaend
    I received my replacement inner cage, here are some comparison pics (I'm tempted to do some drillium but will restrain myself)

RoadBikeReview Member
    I guess this piece effectively negates all the weight savings of the SR. But it doesn't really matter since you're going to a 34.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8705F using Tapatalk