Campy Rules!

Thread: Campy Rules!

BS the DC

Campy Rules!

I switched from Dura-Ace to Chorus this past summer. I decided to pull out my DA bike and do a side by side comparison. Shimano does have some nice features. I know that when you get right down to it, the real differences are small and it ultimately comes down to personal preferences ... but ... Campagnolo Rules!

No one has posted on the Shimano board yet!

There is no Shimanoonly.com!

No one ever switches from Campy to Shimano and likes it!

Shimano has no passion!

If you are reading this you are either have Campy and are saying "Right on!" or you are riding Shimano and thinking to yourself, I've got to check out Campy. I was right were you are a year ago. I made the switch. And I'm a better man.

C50

Feb 2004

Right ON !!!

Right ON !!!! Campy rider for 40 years (don't ask). I agree ShimaNO has some good features, but this year's Campy carbon stuff is beautiful, and functions very nicely.
    Terry D.

flinty-eyed moderator

Love it (mostly)

The shifters, hubs, deraillers, seatposts, brakes and related cables and housing are the best.

The AL cranks are nice, although some sort of splined drive is way overdue. The wheels are reliable, pretty light and not absurdly priced (see contra, Shimano wheelsets).

The BB's are ok but too expensive, except for the lower end ones which are just craptastic. The pedals are ok, if overpriced.

The Carbon cranks are overpriced, understiff and still not running splines or a one piece system yet- pass on them. Same with the chains- Oy, Campy and chains. . .

For complete wheelsets, chains and non-Al cranksets, you can do better then Campy (or Shimano).
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

AJS
    banned
    Disagree on the Campy wheelsets - my old Shamal's were the best wheels I ever owned or rode.

Too bad they're out of production, but I guess we have the Eurus now...

Every little counts...

Curious, why the need for splines?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand
    The Carbon cranks are overpriced, understiff and still not running splines or a one piece system yet- pass on them. Same with the chains- Oy, Campy and chains. . .
    Tapers were used for 30 years, no one had problems unless you couln't figure how to operate a crank puller.

Of course, there were short-lived installations with cranks at 3 and 6 o`clock; or worse yet both at 6 o'clock.

I read about people stripping splines, have you ever stripped a taper?

Ken
    RoadBikeReview Member

You forgot the headset

Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand
    The BB's are ok but too expensive, except for the lower end ones which are just craptastic. The pedals are ok, if overpriced.

For complete wheelsets, chains and non-Al cranksets, you can do better then Campy (or Shimano).
    The Record headset is no match to Chris King. I also think the new carbon cranks look like they're made of bowling ball material.