New 10s cogsets for 2004: 14-23, 12-23, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Every little counts...

Talking New 10s cogsets for 2004: 14-23, 12-23, etc.

And available all the way down to Veloce level (for a cogset, it is still very high quality).

Interesting that they would have that "Flat century Special" or rouleur's favourite: 14-23 10s (that is EVERY cog in between). Neat!

I am considering a 12-23 for timetrials and flat races. I will get that 18, which is my wanted gear for long TTs (slower portions ;-).

If I need an 11, I'm obviously going downhill. That means I would have needed the 25 to get up in the first place, so I'll use my 12-25 for hillier RRs.

I also have a 11-23, primarily used on the rollers during the winter (need that 11!).

May 2002
    I still can't find the Record 12-23 anywhere in Europe...I guess I could also go for the 11-21 but the chain line would be less optimal for those 53x21 climbs I do....nothing steep or lasts long enough in Holland to even bother shifting down to the 39 ring.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Awesome. I am getting a new bike and want a 12-23. I thought I would rather have the 12-25 than the 11-23. I'm glad they came out with it.

Quit upgrading & ride!

Am I hearing right Campag 12-23 10sp cassette!!

I've waited so long for these to come out, where did u find this information?!?

I can't do without my 18, and don't need an 11, so 12-23 is perfection, please post the website you spotted this on, just hoping it's in Euroland ;)

Nov 2002
    i too live where its flat and never use the 21 or 23 on my 11-23. i soooo wish they would come out with a chorus 11-21 (or anything for less $$$ than the record!)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    I haven't found any web site (barnford or lickbike) updated with these new options. Who has them?

Every little counts...
    labicicletta.com has 12-23 in Record or Veloce.

Hmpf. Nice price spread eh! It should be available in Centaur (best value) but they didn't have one for me.

I ended up ordering a Centaur 13-26 (have 12-25, 11-23).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

These are 9 speed options

The 'new' ratios are 9 speed options. See campy's web site. It is possible however to get your 12-23 10 speed with the 18t by switching around loose cogs in a centaur cassette. See brandfordbike.com for loose cog listings.

Perhaps Campy will respond with a 12-23 10 speed now that Shimano has one, I'd like one...

May 2002
    Campy Record has 12-23 10 speed and they're for sale in Europe now as well.
    http://www.campagnolo.com/groupsets....1&cid=5&pid=11
    http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares04_B.pdf

Quit upgrading & ride!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RichardB
    The 'new' ratios are 9 speed options. See campy's web site. It is possible however to get your 12-23 10 speed with the 18t by switching around loose cogs in a centaur cassette. See brandfordbike.com for loose cog listings.

Perhaps Campy will respond with a 12-23 10 speed now that Shimano has one, I'd like one...
    Sorry mate, check the Campagnolo website and at least four good UK sites all stocking 12 - 23 10 speed cassettes, mine's on order from www.xpedia.co.uk, though I see that ribblebikes.co.uk also have them in stock & Ribble have always been very quick & well priced for us Brits.
    Put me back on my bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Cat 3 boy
    Sorry mate...
    No need to apologize, I stand corrected, and this is good news for me too. Looks like they dont have a Chorus 12-23 yet, but there are indeed Record and Veloce options.
    Thanks!

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunout
    And available all the way down to Veloce level (for a cogset, it is still very high quality).

Interesting that they would have that "Flat century Special" or rouleur's favourite: 14-23 10s (that is EVERY cog in between). Neat!

I am considering a 12-23 for timetrials and flat races. I will get that 18, which is my wanted gear for long TTs (slower portions ;-).

If I need an 11, I'm obviously going downhill. That means I would have needed the 25 to get up in the first place, so I'll use my 12-25 for hillier RRs.

I also have a 11-23, primarily used on the rollers during the winter (need that 11!).
    my son wanted the 14/23 veloce -lbs claimed they were impossible to get!

May 2002
    Try Branford Bike. They have almost everything available.

http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog5.html#item3

Ken
    RoadBikeReview Member

La Bicicletta

Quote Originally Posted by hinault's dog
    my son wanted the 14/23 veloce -lbs claimed they were impossible to get!
    http://www.labicicletta.com/edatcat/...S-CAMCASSVEL04

May 2002
    BTW, aside from the high prices.....anyone notice that they all end in 88 cents at Branford ? Spooky

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Cat 3 boy. I dig your avatar. One of my favorite films of last year. I dig your signature, too. Cheeky.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Miche do very inexpensive Campag 10 speed cassettes with better ratios than Campag, i.e. 12-21 & 12-23. In the UK they cost just 33 (Oldham Cycle Centre).

I've just bought a 12-21 for my TT wheels (2002 Ksyrium Elites) and they are good quality, very shiny with cool blue spacers.

First race on them is tomorrow!

They also do a more expensive aluminium version (top two sprockets are steel) which I'm thinking of putting on my Ksyrium SL's when I buy them.

Quit upgrading & ride!
    Hey Welshboy!

How did the TT go?? Pretty wet & windy I would imagine, which event was it?

I'm interested to know how well your Miche cassette shifts.
    Put me back on my bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    Hey Welshboy!

Yeah, Miche good or bad??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Only one ride so far (30 mile TT) but it worked just fine.

Wreckermended!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Hey Welshboy!

It was the Bynea '30' and although it was quite windy it just stayed dry. I had a good ride at my own sweet Division 3 level coming 25th out of 48. To put that into perspective, two weeks ago I was the Lantern Rouge in the Abertillery Hilly 25!

Quit upgrading & ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshboy
    It was the Bynea '30' and although it was quite windy it just stayed dry. I had a good ride at my own sweet Division 3 level coming 25th out of 48. To put that into perspective, two weeks ago I was the Lantern Rouge in the Abertillery Hilly 25!
    So what if you were the lanterne rouge, just wait till next year & you'll get the prize for biggest improvement!!

Keep pluggin' away, you'll be amazed how quick the improvements come, never give up ;-)
    Put me back on my bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Miche 12-21 10 speed cassette still running sweet but I'm going like a bag of spanners.

Quit upgrading & ride!

Campag 12-23 casstte just arrived at last!

Xpedia.co.uk apologised, but at least it's here.

BTW I'm also going like a broken budgie, having just returned from 2 weeks training in Italy.
    I can totally recommend Riccione & Hotel Dory especially. Just make your own arrangements & DON'T rely on a well known English so called sports holiday company.

It's a long story ;-)
    Put me back on my bike

Nov 2002
    is this like the longest running thread in history? who would have thought that a discussion on campy cogsets would go on for almost two months!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast