New Chorus 12 speed
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007

New Chorus 12 speed

So the new Chorus launches and they have changed the shift/brake lever to metal from carbon. Some of the rear mech parts have also gone back to metal as well. The shape and tech of many pieces are the same as Record and S. Record just heavier materials, which is the usual trickle down. No weight or prices out today, but anyone have any knowledge why they are using less carbon? It used to be that $ to gram/ounce for Chorus was a better deal than Record. Not sure where they are going with this. Larger cassettes, up to a 34 I believe, and more options in the front chainring. That part makes sense for old guys like me and for people setting up a gravel bike possibly. Curious if anyone has any inside scoop where they are trying to position this.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Here are some weight & price info:

https://road.cc/content/tech-news/25...ts-and-smaller

I'll take the lower cost over the slight weight difference penalty (<180g vs Record) anytime.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Saw this and another today that had price comparisons to Rec/SR as well as 11 speed Chorus comparison. Thanks for the update.

Cathedral City, CA
    Nov 2005
    I have 11sp late model Chorus. With 12sp now out, HOPEFULLY 11sp EPS prices will drop soon!?!?
    2016 Ritchey BreakAway (carbon)
    Full Campagnolo drivetrain - Chorus 11sp (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Zonda wheels
    Lezyne Super GPS w/Cateye speed/cadence & HR sensors
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Arione VSX saddle
    Cinelli bar tape

BeBop Pedals

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    I'm curious about the pricing of the Chorus cassette. The Super Record cassette costs a lot.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    The Chorus cassette is 2/3 of the SR price. Still pretty damn expensive though.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kbwh View Post
    The Chorus cassette is 2/3 of the SR price. Still pretty damn expensive though.
    I just got a 11-27 Chorus 11-speed cassette for $91. I'm sticking with 11-speed for a while. How much thinner can chains get?

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Shimano’s patents go up to 14 speeds, if that helps.
    Then we will reach the singularity, and the bots will ride for us.

Matnlely Dregaend
    The rim brake devolution of Chorus makes me sad. Thank god I have bunch of 14 year old Record brakes that will last forever.
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody