Which parts should I put on which bike?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

Which parts should I put on which bike?

I am going to build two bikes one beater/training bike (Ridley AL) and a nice one (Time edge). I have 07 veloce rear short derailer, 07 veloce braze on QS front derailer, 07 veloce skeleton brakes, and 07 Chorus QS shifters. I also have 06 Centaur rear short derailer, 06 centaur braze on front derailer, 06 centaur brakes, and 06 centaur shifters. I also have a 07 veloce crank 53 -39 double and a truvative elita crank. What parts should I put on the good bike and which setup should I put on trainer. I was thinking of putting the Chorus shifters with the veloce front derailer since they are QS. Im not sure which derailer to use. Is an 06 centaur deailer better than a 07 veloce derailer?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Here's what'd I'd do w/ what you have....
    good bike gets: 06 Centaur f/r deraillieurs; Chorus shifters; Centaur brakes; Veloce crankset.
    beater gets: whatever's left over.

Centaur & up is higher up the Campy food chain than Veloce and it can take loads of abuse. And yes that means IMO 06 Centaur deraillieur IS better than 07 Veloce.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    ...and if you really wanna hook up your nice ride order the 09 Centaur shifters & Carbon crank from Europe for a whole lot less than you can get in the U.S. I paid $150 for alloy shifters & $240 for carbon crank (that's including shipping) from totalcycling.com. If you use them, check other posts as others have expressed complaints about them (I've never had issue w/ them). The 09 Centaur shifters blow all other Campy 10speed shifting outta the water in every way. Let me know how it goes.......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    Centaur 06 stuff is quite good so I would use it all on the Time but perhaps a good idea to invest in a new chainset as the newer hollow ones shed a few gramms - Veloce is great durable gruppo and excellent for your trainer.
    A writer cannot serve today those who make history, he must serve those who are subject to it - history's victims ..... Albert Camus