Replacement chainring for 8 spd Record (C Record) cranks
    RoadBikeReview Member

Replacement chainring for 8 spd Record (C Record) cranks

Does anyone know where I can find replacement chainrings for C Record cranks? My concern is the hidden bolt, if that requires a special ring design....
    Attached Images Attached Images

em3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Any 135mm BCD (Bolt CIrcle Diameter) chainrings will mount fine...there is no special drilling or milling that is associated with the hidden bolt. However, only Campy Record chainrings will have the chain catcher peg aligned with the hidden spider arm. For example, Chorus and other Campy rings will have the peg between two of the mounting holes while Record will have the peg mounted in alignment with a hole, so that it will fall behind the hidden spider arm. Most after market rings (e.g. TA) will not come with the peg, and if you chose to use Chorus or lower you can simply pull the peg out.
    EM3

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a set of C record cranks on my vintage TT bike.

The issue for you is not so much the rings, as already said any 135 bcd rings will fit, but the bolt set may be unique. The stock nut that goes into the ring hole behind the crank has a serrated edge that grips because you cannot get a tool in there to hold it. You could probably try loctite/epoxy or something to hold a standard nut firmly in place in the outer ring. I'd take a pic, but to do it would have to take mine apart.

picture is here p 9

http://www.campagnolo.com/repository...Spares94_A.pdf
    Last edited by bikerjulio; 02-11-2010 at 04:22 AM.