Will 09,10 Veloce ultrashift work with 07,08 veloce rear deraileur
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

Will 09,10 Veloce ultrashift work with 07,08 veloce rear deraileur

My current bike has an 04 centaur shifter with a 07, 08 rear and front deraileur. I want to try the new style shifters. I can get a 2010 ultrashift veloce shifter. I want to try this with my 07,08 veloce deraileurs. I think I read in some old posts that 09,10 Veloce shifters dont work well with the 07,08 deraileurs. I was thinking of buying an 09 10 veloce shifters but I am not sure if it will work. Also would the new powershift veloce shifter work better with an 07,08 deraileur?

Blah, Blah, Blah
    It'll work fine. I have a 2006 chorus rear der. with 2010 Centaur Ultrashift levers and there is no problem at all.
    On & Off Rhodes.com
    Bike, Hike, Run.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not sure about the Ultrashift, but I can definitely vouch for the newest Powershift mechanism--it works fine. I think Campy has tinkered with the derailleur design over the past 2 years so that it is "optimized" for the new style Powershift shifters, but the shifters are still backward compatible with older generation derailleurs. I assume the new Powershift shifters would work even better with the new derailleur design, but they still work fine with the older derailleurs as well.