09 Synapse Carbon or 08 Synapse Carbon?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009

09 Synapse Carbon or 08 Synapse Carbon?

My LBS has a sale on Synapse bikes. A friend is considering one, so I'm checking on his behalf.
    Question is: do you think the 09 frame is that much more superior than the 08?

Would you recommend a 09 frame with Shimano Tiagra/Sora Mix?
    08 frame with full 105?

Spec'd out they are very different, looks like the '09 has some cheaper parts on it. But he could always upgrade the '09 later.

Both bikes are around 1,4000 bucks..

I've never riden either. Both are Carbon (not hi-mod)

RoadBikeReview Member
    I bought my 08 Synapse 3SL last Fall and gave $1900 for it, full Ultegra with Dura Ace rear Derailleur. Is $1400 hundred a little high?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    I dunno. Perhaps, but it's seems to be supply and demand on these things. There's not a lot out here where we live. Only one Shop had an 09 in stock.

But he got impulsive anyway. I think he's buying the 09 tonight.. He went to test ride it after work. So the point maybe mute.

Personally, I think they both look like awesome bikes. I'm sure he will be happy with either. Although, I predict many upgrades soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think I would go with the 09 also, I like the way they look a little more though I know that's not the most important thing. I am sure there are improvements on the 09 vs. the 08, either way I am sure he will be happy with it. I had bought several other bikes from the shop plus they were getting ready to move to a new location so that probably made a difference. They sell a lot of Cannondales though, I know that for sure.