• 03-28-2015
    OldChipper
    OMG New R3 "Colorway" = UGG-LEEE!
    Is Cervelo so desperate to sell R5s or the S series that they had to make the new R3 paint scheme THAT ugly? Never was a big fan of the RED toptube of the new R5, but the white of the R3 is certainly a lot worse. Honestly, if I was in the market, I think I'd buy an R2 frame and build it with 6800 instead of buying that butt-ugly R3. Yuck!
  • 05-06-2015
    dirtiClydesdale
    I agree... i wanted to buy a new R3 2015 frame but omfg it made me think of purchasing a new bike.
  • 05-06-2015
    MMsRepBike
    I kind of like it... I like the white more than the red.

    I've never really liked any of the paint jobs Cervelo has done.

    I wonder what color the new R7 will be? Purple maybe?
  • 05-07-2015
    bohj63
    I like it too, but to each their own. That's why we don't all drive around on the same bike.
  • 05-26-2015
    OldChipper
    OK, to be fair, I recently saw one in-person and actually it looks pretty nice. Don't know why the difference between between the web vs in-person appearance, but though I still prefer the 2014 paint job, I would buy/own black/white 2015 afterall. :blush2:
  • 05-28-2015
    boogermin
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by OldChipper View Post
    OK, to be fair, I recently saw one in-person and actually it looks pretty nice. Don't know why the difference between between the web vs in-person appearance, but though I still prefer the 2014 paint job, I would buy/own black/white 2015 afterall. :blush2:

    Looks much better in person. So much so, I just purchased one. LBS should have it ready this afternoon. Stripping my current bike down, and building up the R3. Can't wait. Will post pics.
  • 03-30-2016
    pitbullandroadbike
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by boogermin View Post
    Looks much better in person. So much so, I just purchased one. LBS should have it ready this afternoon. Stripping my current bike down, and building up the R3. Can't wait. Will post pics.

    Where are the pics? [emoji6]
  • 03-30-2016
    faroodi
    Saw one in person last week - looked really nice. Was uninspiring on cervelo website...
  • 03-30-2016
    pitbullandroadbike
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by faroodi View Post
    Saw one in person last week - looked really nice. Was uninspiring on cervelo website...

    Yes, fully agree...I was looking for another bike and picked up the R3...I wasn't a fan of the white top tube but it's grown on me and I love the matte black other parts....Also, it was on sale and I couldn't pass up on it...
  • 03-30-2016
    faroodi
    [emoji106]
  • 06-14-2016
    Oldbikah
    There's always a thin coat of paint to change top tube looks.