R3 size for 5'6" with 30" inseam - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

2013 R3 Ultegra

Will replace wheels soon. It's a size 48.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RCMTB; 02-05-2013 at 07:27 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RCMTB View Post
    Will replace wheels soon. It's a size 48.
    So how did you decide on the 48?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Initially, I tested a 51 and 48. 51 Felt ok, just a little stretched out at the hood area. I was set on the 51 and would probably have to install a no offset seat post to get me closer to the hoods or a shorter stem. 48 felt a little cramped. Went home to discuss with the wife and purchase got delayed.

When I was ready to buy I still wanted to test ride both again. 51 was in stock, but 48 was gone. So the LBS had a 48 in one of their other stores and shipped it over the next day. They adjusted the seat height and away I went on the test ride. It fit like a glove the way it was setup definitely different than the first 48 I test rode. During the new bike fit, the fitter finely tuned the seat height and lowered the stem about 15mm, checked my leg stroke and that was it. The stem is a 100mm stem. I don't know if comes stock with a 100mm stem, but either way the bike felt great. I have yet to take it out on the road it has only been on the trainer for a few rides. Hope to get a ride in this weekend if it's warm enough.
    Last edited by RCMTB; 02-20-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Recycle King
    Most likely a 90mm stem. My 51cm have a 90mm.
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner

"Common sense is not too common these days."

"Cheap things have no value, valuable things are not cheap." - Fortune Cookie

RoadBikeReview Member
    My 54 came with a 90mm. Cervelo goes for the more "recreational" setup. Switched it out for a -17/110mm.

Main reason I don't like stock bikes is that they come with parts that don't work with me. Bars, stem, saddle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12