Slow day at the office. I thought you all would enjoy this little email interchange I had today with a scammer who sent me a "second chance" offer on an Orbea I bid on on ebay. I havent heard back after my final email.......

__________________________________________________ _____________
Dear mzuk,

Do not reply to this email. Contact the seller at this e-mail
address: [email protected] You expressed interest in an item
titled "2004 54' Orbea Mitis Road Bike Carbon/Aluminum Double Item number:
7168118608 by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as
the high bidder. In compliance with eBay policy, the seller wholesalerecreation - of
the above mentioned item is making this Second Chance Offer to
you at your bid price of US $785.00. The seller has issued this Second
Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase this item, do not reply to this email. Contact the seller at this e-mail address: [email protected]

Thank you,
fairmarketvaluation
On 7/14/05, mike3327 . wrote:

I recieved the following 2nd chance offer. Please reply back confirming that you have the bike for sale, and how you would like to conclude the transaction, and how it might be concluded through ebay as is suggested below.....

Reply-To: fernando perez
To: "mike3327 ."
Subject: Re: Orbea Bike
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:11:09 +0300

Hello sir , I want to tell you that I want to make a secure
Transaction through eBay...its safe, fast, easy and also legit.
To be able to complete the transaction I need all your details:
Full name and address:..........
eBay User Id:...........
Phone number:.........
As soon as I receive this info from you I will start this transaction through eBay.
They will send you an e-mail with all the instructions that you must follow to close this deal with me. Just I told you...this is legit..through eBay...they will approve my transaction after they will check my full name and address. So..if you`re interested please e-mail me with all these details.

Thank you.
__________________________________________________ ________
On 7/15/05, mike3327 . wrote:

Where are you and the bike located? I travel a lot throughout the
United States, and so it is likely that I can pick it up and person and just pay you cash directly.

Thank you.
__________________________________________________ ______

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:26:51 +0300

hello again , i'm not in USA in this moment , i'm in UK .I have some
bussines to do here and the bike is here , with me.

Thank you.
__________________________________________________ _________

Oh hey, that's great. I am heading for London tomorrow. My company has
offices throughout the UK, and after I buy it I could easily just drop it off at one of our branch offices and they could ship it to me. Perfect.

I am very excited. Where will you be? I can see you right away.

Mike
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:15:23 +0300

Sir i cant meet me with you because i travel in all UK with my
bussines and i dont have time for this time of meetings.

Thank you or understanding me.
__________________________________________________ __________

Oh, I understand. You must be a very important person. Well, I would still like to buy the bike because it is such a good price and you seem very trustworthy.

Two questions about the bike however - does the bike have titanium escutcheon nipples? This is very important to me. Some of the Orbea's have carbon escutcheon nipples and I am worried about the reliability of these kind. Also, is the crank-arm flange elliptical or orbital. I prefer an elliptical flange. Thanks very much for your time.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 02:05:07 +0300

Hello again , yes sir the bike have titanium escutcheon nipples and
the crank-arm flange is elliptical . I wait your emai, with your full
info to start the transaction trought ebay security sistem.

Thank you.
__________________________________________________ ________________

Ok Perfect. Well, I am really excited now. Ok, I have a better idea than going through the ebay security system like you suggest. I owe a guy in the UK about $2000 USD. But for various reasons (all legal I assure you), it is better that there not be a trail of cash from me to him. So instead, I would like to send you a Bank of America Cashier's Check for $3000. You keep $1000 for the bike and your trouble and then send my colleague $2000 through Western Union in the UK. Please let me know how you would plan to ship the bike to me after that transaction is complete

So, in order to get started, please send me your full name and address, and I will send you the cashier's check.

Please, I know I can trust you. A fellow rider with a nice Orbea - of course I can!

Thanks,

Mike