I want someone else to love this bike.
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018

I want someone else to love this bike.

I pulled this special bike frame out of storage where it has been for the past 38 years. One of the most highly regarded frame makers and craftsmen. A 1980 DeRosa Professional, Super Prestige Eddie Merckx model. Bought in 1980, on the road less than 200 km and then put in storage where it has been for the past 38 years. Pictures are as I found the bike this past weekend coming out of storage. I did not touch it yet. It is in excellent condition, needing a good cleaning and polishing but otherwise as it was new 38 years ago. The 1980 frame has unique tube stamping and cut outs only found on that year's model which makes it more rare if you are a DeRosa collector. I am looking for serious offers respecting the history and timeless value of a DeRosa. Pictures are as I found the bike when I brought it down from my attic. 20180522_124956.jpg20180522_125008.jpg20180522_125014.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    a frame size might be helpful...

'accepting offers' isn't going to help move it either.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018
    I will confirm but I believe it is 56 cm and I Don't Need to move it. It needs to be appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018
    56 cm oxtox, Are you interested ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018
    I have a Huffy for $95 bucks for you.I did not ask for $5k I asked for legitimate offers for a piece of art from those who would appreciate this bike as considered by many.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018
    Oxtox, I have absolutely No interest in this bike frame being sold for $400-$500 bucks and then flipped on some site as a rare find for whatever a person can get. NONE!! I have lived and breathed this sport for 50 years honored the craftmenship of those who individually built these pieces of art.

RoadBikeReview Member
    post pics of the Huffy...

do you take PayPal...?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018
    I have used paypal in the past but am Not a seller of merchandise. Just seeing if anyone would appreciate this bike. It does not need to be sold but I am getting old and have sight issues that make it hard to even see the beauty of these machines anymore. not sure what your point is. Mine is passing on the flame.
    Last edited by olddroppedracer; 05-23-2018 at 04:27 PM.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    olddropped -- I think you're just getting some guff because the convention here is some pictures (usually more than two), a better description (frame size, model, date made what tubes, etc.), and an asking price. No one says 'make me an offer'.

If it were me, I'd list the frame, and especially the other complete bicycle on ebay. Complete built up older bikes sporting Campy Record components are sought after items. Do a 30 day auction. No sense in keeping stuff in your attic whatever shape your eye sight is in.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    I will agree with pmf. I respect your desire to find a good home for that beauty but you are going about it the wrong way. Low post count, few details, and ďmake me an offerĒ are techniques of the scammer - Iím not accusing you but just want to let you know that it will scare off interested parties, and there is very little traffic through here to begin with.

That frame might fetch $ 700-800 on eBay but that is a maybe, the vintage bike market is sluggish now. Go to eBay and look up sold De Rosa framesets. Somebody offering $500 isnít going to flip it, they just want a good deal (not if they have any sense) You might have better luck, if not eBay, by listing it on your local Craigslist and posting a link here. Good luck! That is a wonderful bike, my size too, but I already have one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    the OP comes in here with an old, quasi-roached De Rosa and thinks he has the equivalent of an unknown sketch by Leonardo da Vinci.

hilarious.

still waiting for deets on the Huffy...

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    I will agree with pmf. I respect your desire to find a good home for that beauty but you are going about it the wrong way. Low post count, few details, and ďmake me an offerĒ are techniques of the scammer - Iím not accusing you but just want to let you know that it will scare off interested parties, and there is very little traffic through here to begin with.

That frame might fetch $ 700-800 on eBay but that is a maybe, the vintage bike market is sluggish now. Go to eBay and look up sold De Rosa framesets. Somebody offering $500 isnít going to flip it, they just want a good deal (not if they have any sense) You might have better luck, if not eBay, by listing it on your local Craigslist and posting a link here. Good luck! That is a wonderful bike, my size too, but I already have one.
    It's a shame that frame was rode only 200 km and then left to rust in an attic. From what I can see, from the few pictures posted, he'd be lucky to get $500 for it. I bet the complete bike, no pictures posted, is in equally rough shape. Bikes don't do well stored in attics or garages for years on end. That's what your formal living room is for.