2 water bottles...what's in YOURS? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Short legs spinnin' fast
    Dec 2007
    High quality H2O is in both of mine when training. When racing or doing a really, really hard training effort it's Accelerade. Depends on the workout and length of time whether or not Accelerade is in one or both bottles. Accelerade seems to work well for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    I use diluted gatorade and water. In the extremely humid Kentucky summers with soaring temps I perform much better when I drink gatorade.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlgoodin78
    High quality H2O...
    uh, what exactly is 'high quality' water...?
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Cat 6
    Used to do Hammer Heed. Electrolytes + food separate. Now I mix EFS Drink (2 scoops) and a little EFS Liquid Shot (~1oz) in each bottle. All the liquid/fuel/electrolytes I need all in a 1 hr drink bottle. Easier for me to manage the intake of all 3 for longer rides. Just drink a bottle/hour (give or take) and done...
    Last edited by chuckice; 03-18-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Vintage cyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk
    I think a lot of people are in the same boat as you here. You have found something that "works". Quite possibly though...if you did some research a had the right mix, you would be a lot stronger on your rides...perhaps putting in an additional 20 miles per ride leading to a higher fitness level than ever...

just a thought...a good one too
    OK, tell me more! What would be potential "right" mixes? I'm open minded enough to try something new.

What the what???
    • 1 1/4 cups sugar
    • 1 1/2 tsp. Morton Lite salt (less sodium but added potassium)
    • 2 pkgs. Sugar-free Kool Aid (any flavor)
    • 1 gallon of water

or you can spoon 4 tbs. of the dry mix into a 24 oz. water bottle.

"Gatorade" for the budget conscious
    Last edited by Opus51569; 03-26-2010 at 08:37 PM.
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

RoadBikeReview Member
    short rides, less than 1.5 hours, nothing (if cool) or a bottle with Nuun. Longer than two hours, Nuun in one bottle, and Perpetuem in the other. Really long rides I use my Camelback with the Nuuns and one or two bottles with the Perpetuem. And one bottle of Sam Adams in the cooler in the car, waiting for me....
    Just ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    One has the blood of baby kittens and the other has nectar of unicorn brains.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    2 water bottles

Bottle 1: Scotch
    Bottle 2: Cigarettes and a Lighter....(so the stogies don't get soggy in my jersey pocket from sweat )
    "I've not been killed, only wounded. I'll just lie here a while and bleed, then rise again to fight another day."

Shut Up And Ride!
    Nuun in both. Not too many calories, not too sweet, not at all syrupy, good amount of nelectrolytes, tastes good enough to help me want to drink regularly. I've never cramped while using it, whereas I have while using other sports drinks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    homemade mix?

Mad-one...
    Half a bottle of Gatorade before I start, 2X bottles of water, And I drink the rest of the gatorade when I get home. Also either a vegemite sandwich (guess what country I'm in) as it's 30% salt, or a pb/j sandwich.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Maxim in both, mixed to minimum recommended strength. Energy gels, bars, and always a banana or two to fix an eventual upset stomach. The amount of fluid is dependant on race length. On one of the races we do we're supposed to be self serviced for the first 180 km.

And: White bread with salmon and honey!

RoadBikeReview Member
    For this time of the year, 2 hours is such a short ride that I might not bring anything. When it gets hotter in the summer, I'll being a weakly mixed bottle of Cytomax for rides over 1.5 hours. I'll up that to 2 bottles if it has a chance of turning into something really long.
    Cervelo Soloist Carbon / Specialized Roubaix Disc / Look 585 / Look 555 / Kona Kapu / Spec Carbon Camber 29er 1x11 / Surly Straggler / Fuji CX / Steel SS

Over 60 bikes owned over the last 20 years!

C6Rider
    Nov 2008
    Water in 1 bottle, orange Gatorade with 1 tablespoon of instant coffee in the other.
    2011 Orbea Orca
    2008 Cervelo P2C
    2008 Ridley Excalibur

Climbs like a sprinter...
    Quote Originally Posted by C6Rider
    Water in 1 bottle, orange Gatorade with 1 tablespoon of instant coffee in the other.
    YuuUUUck!!!

Either Perpetuem or Heed (depending on ride length) in one and water in the other.
    "It's turtles all the way down."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    1 bottle of water and the other bottle is Cytomax. I feel Cytomax really makes a big difference. The only negative side affect for me is that it makes me have to go pee a lot, which is bad when I'm in a moving at a nice pace.

RoadBikeReview Member
    team is supported by NUUN so I used that a lot on longer rides. its cheap. tastes pretty good. easy on the stomach. water in the other.
    used to mix up this crazy potion of Endurox, a little cranberry juice, and salt...tasted pretty good actually. too much work.

Stay Fit!
    wife and I have always used gatorade g2 split with water in 2 bottles. but this year we are going to experiment with more liquid fuels on our 40-70 mile rides. have ordered both perpetum and sustained energy. she has an issue with eating enough on our rides, so thought is to make it easy by making it liquid.

we will have water/gatorade mixture in one and perpetum/sustained energy in the other.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I usually just have water with some salt and salt substitute in it. If i'm doing longer rides I will add either honey, or dextrose, maltodextrin, sucrose or even very small amounts of fructose. I like the dextrose the most since it isn't very sweet and still does down super easily even on hot days.

Mad-one...
    Quote Originally Posted by MontyCrisco
    I use water in the second bottle because Gatorade tastes hellish when warm and no bottle keeps fluid cool enough after an hour.
    I put ice cubes in my gatorade bottle. It keeps it cold for over an hour.

turtle killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oasisbill
    I put ice cubes in my gatorade bottle. It keeps it cold for over an hour.
    I'll freeze about half a bottle, at an angle (2x and 4x podium bottles), they'll stay cool enough for hours.. even in Arizona.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    short rides (less than 3 hours)- HEED/water
    long rides - water/perpeteum
    stupidly long rides - water/perpeteum/HEED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    water water water.

Anything else should be eaten.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachstevo
    short rides (less than 3 hours)- HEED/water
    long rides - water/perpeteum
    stupidly long rides - water/perpeteum/HEED
    This.

<1 hour - Water
    1-2 hours - HEED and Water
    2-4 hours - Perpetuem and Water
    4+ hours - Gasoline.
    "I'm a real athlete, I'm not trying to be the best at exercising." - Kenny Powers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast