2 water bottles...what's in YOURS? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm a noob and just learning about proper hydration/food, etc. I bonked the other day on a 40 miler in moderate temps (75+) from dehydration. Only had one bottle and just didn't recognize the symptoms to see it coming. Did the same ride again today with 2 bottles and a couple of KIND bars. Temps up a bit, but no problems. All I ever used so far is water, but my rides so far have all been under 3 hours.

It's really great to read about all the available options and what different things work for people! Thanks!

Ed
    San Francisco

Game on, b*tches!
    Bottom line; (generally speaking) <1.5 hrs H2O is fine. >2 hrs, you need to eat or drink some carbs, the longer/harder you ride, the more you need.
    Originally Posted by tetter
    'Pain is temporary, and there might be beer at the finish line'

"Karma is spread in lots of different ways. You know, like herpes."
    catzilla
    "I'm an American male. This is pizza. Leave me alone!"
    Alton Brown
    ohnoIaintsuckingnomore.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdwyer23 View Post
    Water in one, gatorade-lite in the other.
    Water in one, energy drink in the other is the best combo

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    rides under 2 hours water/water rides over 2 hours water/gatorade

PhotonFreak
    Yesterday I did a 2hr ride (in ~100F temperatures) while carrying nothing (no water or food). I headed out planning to gon on a quick "45 minute" ride but felt unusually good so rode much furuther away from home than initially plannd. Shortly after turning around (2x as far away as planned) I realized my mistake, lol. I sensed I was about to crash hard and limped back home super slow (I didn't actually bonk on the ride; I know what bonking feels like from my distance running days so I strategically reduced my effort on the way back)

On days where I actually PLAN to go for 2 hours in triple-digit heat, I usually carry diluted Gatorade.

RoadBikeReview Member
    On rides under 50 miles, I usually just go with water in both bottles. On longer rides, I go with water in one and a mixture of 40% flat coke, 40% gatorade (or something similar) and 20% water. It may sound gross but I don't mind the taste and I find it works really well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234