How to control my diet?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jan 2008

How to control my diet?

really i am getting flubby nowadays..how can i control it ...i am not having any non veg now..what will be the reason for this???
    Last edited by shaunx; 01-14-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Oct 2005
    therrs no reason fro havinjg no flubby contrl nowaadays.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2004
    Your diet has effected your typing skills! Put down the box of chocolates and type with both hands please;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrew
    Your diet has effected your typing skills! Put down the box of chocolates and type with both hands please;)

Exactly. Thanks for the laugh homebrew.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004

Seriously,,,,

I will type my best!! "Fer rrealll"

How do you guys resist the temptation to eat CRAP? What do you "snack" on inbetween meals? I eat pretty good (veggies) but I have sugar cravings and sometimes I eat junk food (vending machine).

I am trying to eat carrots and celery more to hold back the empty calorie cravings and its working so far. Anyone else have a junk food habit that they have gotten rid of?

Give me some motivation to keep the hostess devil away!!!

waterproof*
    Well it ain't easy and I certainly haven't won the war. I think it's like alcoholism.. you're never really cured. Just got it under control at the moment.

Practical stuff: it's all about planning ahead and staying ahead of the hunger curve. When you get hungry... well you know.

Good, big breakfast. Healthy lunch. Snack in the afternoon (that's my weak spot, and it's always a carb craving, so I rationalize that a PBJ is less bad for me than a handful of Hershey dark kisses).

And bonus: after a hard ride, you're encouraged to chow on carbs. Even simple carbs. So there's your chance.

You know not to go to the grocery store hungry. Then the trick is to make a list and stick to it. Stay away from the center of the store. If you don't have it in the house, you won't eat it.

Another trick is to have some fatty protein instead of a carb fix. Cheese or nuts for example. And lots of water; keep that big gulp cup at your side and full of water all day.

It's all in the details. And when you're faced with a decision and you want to be weak, take your right hand and grab your flabby belly. Then have some broccoli.

Creak.
    * not actually a Rock Star

Jan 2008

No chocolates

Oh no chocolates nowdays i am just controlling from last week..i can really feel the difference ... the trousers is getting loose and a new feel all through my body...

Jan 2008

Salads Salads

right now i am having salads at afternoon and added celeries more to my food.friday i kept like cheating day..it means that i can have any foods...

Oct 2004
    I think your body is craving quality protein and the associated Omega 3 fats.. That is why you want to eat jumk food, to get the fat. Try getting some Omega 3 fats in your snacks. For example, don't just snack on celery and carrots because it doesn't satisfy the body's craving for protein and Omega 3's. Try adding a handful of almonds or even better walnuts with that celery or apple. You will feel much better. Also, eat more often and smaller meals throughout the day. It doesn't have to be fancy, a salad (avoid the creamy dressings) and some lean Turkey breast if you are in a rush. Try to get most of your carbs from Vegetables and Fruits rather than grains (wheat and rice). Also, the more whole foods you can eat the better.

On occasion have a little something that you enjoy. I pick the 1st, 11th and 21st days of each monthand the big holiday days such as Thanksgiving and Christmas and 4th of July to "stray" a little have something I don't usually eat. Like a little pizza or some fries. This satisfies and curtails my need to suddenly go overboard with eating these foods.

Just my $.02

my legs hurt

i'm no dietician

but i stayed at a holiday in express last week!

here's what has been "working" for me:

Eat breakfast with more protein...eat a big breakfast. The added protein apparently prevents hunger pains throughout the morning.

Drink water

Eat a normal lunch (no chips/fries/onion rings/fatty stuff)

Eat almonds/avocado or a small chocolate (like 2 hershey kisses) middafternoon.

drink water

Eat small dinner...do not eat after 9:00pm

once a week, eat whatever you want for dinner (greasy, sweet, with dessert) just never overstuff yourself.

lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks with working out...so somethings in there is working.
    I THINK PERHAPS YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. PEOPLE'S WHOLE LIVES DO PASS IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES BEFORE THEY DIE. THE PROCESS IS CALLED "LIVING."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunx
    ...i am not havinjg any non veg now..what will be the reason for this???
    what the helljng does this even mean? if you want to lose weight ride your trainer and eat less food.

dropped!
    cigarette smoking can also speed up the metabolism... just look at all of those fat ex-smokers.

May 2002
    I've been looking into crack as a quick fix for weight issues....

Non Non Cyclist
    Meth is better.

Bonus!~When your teeth fall out you've easily lost another 1/4 lb!
    Last edited by CyreneSong; 01-10-2008 at 02:28 AM.
    Move along...nothing to see here.

waterproof*
    I lost 6 pounds since Tuesday, since I discovered the little adjuster knob on my scale. I'm going to lose some more here in a few minutes.
    * not actually a Rock Star

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    a high fiber diet and lots of water has done wonders for me.

it "flushes" right through you.
    ________
    No2 vaporizers
    Last edited by CleavesF; 02-14-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Paz
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lets_ride
    Meth is better.

Bonus!~When your teeth fall out you've easily lost another 1/4 lb!

That thing with needles, what's it called?...

....heroin.

I stole that from Dr. Katz

Paz
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    Now for my non-smarta$$ answer. Check out Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    If it's not there you can't eat it. So make a grocery list before you go to the store and only buy what's on the list, and never carry cash (or debit cards if you have real control issues), which only facilitates the vending machine and impulse snacks.

Arrange to get all the fat people around you at work fired too, since they always haul in an endless supply of crap and make comments like you need to eat more, you're way too thin, etc. etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I finally made some significant progress on my weight the last 6 months after 3 years of riding plenty (5K miles per year) and not losing any weight.

1. If you shouldn't eat it, don't have it in the house. Temptations are tough to resist when they're sitting right under your nose (literally)

2. Have a plan. If you just muddle through it and make choices on the fly, you'll mess up.

3. Travel really tests your eating dedication. Instead of going out for meals, go to a grocery store and get the things you SHOULD eat and take those to your hotel. Stock up on fruit.

4. It was clear to me that I was still taking in too many calories even eating "healthy" because of large portions. I needed to cut the intake somehow. The standard recommendation is to have more smaller meals. I still was eating too much "good food". For me, I needed something more drastic. I had cereal for breakfast, NO LUNCH and then whatever I wanted for dinner. This is not easy at all but it's how it worked out for me. Note this is not considered "right" but I've also lost 16 lbs in that time. The principal, while moved around, is the same as the other poster earlier said very light supper, no evening snacks. Either way, you're greatly reducing intake. Good luck.

Steaming piles of opinion
    Eat what you want to eat.

That is, eat in a way that will support your goals.

Why do what you regret?

"Craving" is a myth of a weak, pathetic mind. You do a thing - any thing and every thing - because you believe it will make you happier or better off in some way. A craving is nothing but either a) a false belief in the improvement (we call that an addiction) or b) a poorly thought-out analysis of the benefit. (as in: Yeah, that twinkie would be tasty, but it wouldn't taste as good as the flab would look bad.)

Think completely and believe accurately, and there is no problem. Not interested in thinking? Then there's nothing that will help.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danl1

"Craving" is a myth of a weak, pathetic mind. You do a thing - any thing and every thing - because you believe it will make you happier or better off in some way. A craving is nothing but either a) a false belief in the improvement (we call that an addiction) or b) a poorly thought-out analysis of the benefit. (as in: Yeah, that twinkie would be tasty, but it wouldn't taste as good as the flab would look bad.)

Think completely and believe accurately, and there is no problem. Not interested in thinking? Then there's nothing that will help.
    feed the warrior 20 pounds!!

feed the warrior by training the body to listen to the mind.

Impulse Athletic Coaching
    My goal for losing weight is 4 days on, 2 days off. I'll deal with the pain and quit snacking, quit eating the junk food, and be strict with my diet for 4 days straight. If I did JUST the strict diet, I would lose 1-2lbs/wk -- approximately 500-1000cal/day deficit, depending how much riding I am doing that week.

After that, I'll take 2 days to eat how I used to (ie, NOT horrible, but with some leeway). Since I only usually gain 0-1lb/month, this is only usually a calorie gain of ~200 extra calories/day.

Thus, I would lose 3-7lbs/month. I keep my weight at 150lbs and my ideal weight is 145, so I only need a month to get back to race weight. It's sort of like riding block intervals -- ride 3 days, off 1. Instead, I'm losing weight 4 days and gain 2.

the_rydster
    Quote Originally Posted by beantownbiker
    Eat almonds/avocado or a small chocolate (like 2 hershey kisses) middafternoon.
    Almonds contain cyanide which is harmful to your bloods oxygen carrying ability.

Jan 2008

sweat the fat out

Hey man,,i got the remedy and i am following the right and strict diet so no more queries for me..there is ways to control flubby...say no to red meat,no to more beer,no to chocolates and hitting the gym regularly..work out for 2 hrs a day..it include cardio,weight training etc... sweat the fat out thats my motto...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast