Colnago - Picture post thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by campagnoloneutron
    Nice to see one with visual evidence of use (the mud)! Bikes are meant to be used. I like to use mine hard too. Good for both the body and the soul. Keep on bikin'!
    Yeah, when I look at all these pics of bikes on the Colnago and Pinarello forum: no mud, no chips, no scrapes. Hmmmm, are you guys really riding these things? I have a dream C50 on order from Maestro (it will be a hybrid of Shah's and Dpower's bike), but I'd be a little leery of even riding the thing, due to the cost. Maybe better to drop pocket money of $1500 on a very nice Douglas Fusion from Colorado Cyclist and not having to worry about crashes, scrapes, or scratching the finish while working on the bike.

In regards to the paint currently being used on Colnagos, apparently it's Glassurite, the same as used on Mercedes and BMWs. If it is, it's probably acrylic urethane, which is bulletproof when cured, but I sure hope the painters are using supplied air respirators or at the minimum, half-masks with organic vapor cartridges. Urethanes contain isocyanates, which are nasty stuff and can cause respiratory sensitization in susceptible individuals. The base color scheme, e.g., airbrushing, is probably done using less durable paint, and maybe the clear coat is Glassurite. This will certainly solve the chipping problem. It's entirely possible Ernesto has responded to previous complaints of chipping in this manner.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by campagnoloneutron
    The bike and setup/position is looking good. Nice to see one with visual evidence of use (the mud)! PS I noticed the cobbles and the building. They sure look Belgian to me...
    Well spotted ... central Brussels, that's real Belgian mud there. Our street is cobbled, so I get plenty of practice. In winter and through the day during the week I ride out and back down the Brussels-Charleroi canal for as far as I feel like. Sealed canal path .. no cars (which is great), but it goes through a few industrial areas (like all canals I suppose), and there are always lots of trucks around .. and lots of mud. Which ends up all over the bike and me.

I'd love my bike to look all clean and beautiful of course, but .. this time of the year, nothing else to do. I wouldn't mind a beater bike, but why do it when this one feels so wonderful.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004

2003 Mxl

Here's a picture of a 2003 MXL I have for sale in the classifieds. I've been torn over selling it, but I don't ride this one enough to justify keeping it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Pre-B Stay Rabobank C40

The only bike that could've made me part with my custom titanium Holland, painted by Joe Bell, was this particular C40. Star fork, Colnago carbon post, Record 10 and blue Velocity rims on American Classic hubs. Bike is under 15 pounds with the Lew carbons on it. This is still my favorite paint job on any bike.

jd3
    RoadBikeReview Member

Velocity rims

Quote Originally Posted by useyourdagger
    blue Velocity rims on American Classic hubs.
    As we all know, Nags tend to draw alot of attention because of their unique paint. Add a set of matching Velocity rims and folks can't help but stare.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles

My C40

The pic on the wall was in my old house where I displayed it as the artwork that it is. Other pic is current. Guy I bought this from said it was a 2000 model, but I think it's a 1997 or 98. Can anybody say for sure?

By the way - best thread on RBR!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    you guys put me to shame.
    I thought I had a bike addiction problem.
    I am not even going to list my bikes.

Nov 2002
    here's mine, a c40 b-stay with record...still clean b/c it was right after i put her together. i try not to ride this bike in crappy weather, but i have to say that there is something about flying along a rough road in the cold rain on this bike that makes me wish i was good enough to race the classics (which are WAY better than the tour, imo)!

Oct 2005

Great Bike!!

Looks Awesome!!

Nov 2002
    thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonked
    thanks!
    What paint scheme is that?
    Zero

Nov 2002
    it's an older version of LX14, which is now discontinued but still available if you know the right people! the trialtir example is http://www.trialtir-usa.com/2006-col...40hp-lx14.html, which is what i assumed i would be getting as all of the LX14 frames i had seen (used to work in a shop that carried colnagos) looked very similar, with a yellow/orangy pink fade. the orangy color wasn't my favorite, but i got a great deal on the frame sight unseen from the maestro (who RULES), so i took it. i was very excited to find that my frame seems to be an older version with an yellow/orange fade (i later found a catalogue from 2002 that showed a very similar scheme). i also really like the black outline "colnago" on the down tube, but then again, i'm a little biased! this is still my favorite paint scheme, with the possible exception of the GEO, which looks horrendous on the web but is absolutely stunning in person...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005

Lx11

If you replace the yellow with red, you get...

RoadBikeReview Member
    My 'Ferrari' C40.........

Oct 2005

Here's mine

I call it the ran out of money or Colnrly build. The price fell by $1000-all the way into my price range- with these changes from stock:

Steel Surly fork instead of Colnago carbon fork

My Selle Italia Max saddle for Colnago Hoskar. (The dealer-Gary at Bici Bike in San Jose CA- included a take-off Nitrox saddle to put on my old bike that I was selling.)

No cranks: I bought TruVativ cranks on ebay to replace the Veloce triple cranks.

Salsa Pro Road 46cm handlebar. Dealer put a new ITM 44cm on the old bike for me to sell.

Tires: The Maxxis tires pictured. I have since worn them out and now use Continental Ultra Gatorskin 25mm tires. Dealer put new tires on the bike I sold.

Wheels: Original Ambrosio wheels instead of the G3's that were on it. Actually these wheels are just OK-I may sell them and have some 36-spoke wheels built.

The dealer included the labor to switch out these parts and a fitting session that took about an hour. I give him credit for working out this whole deal with me.

Jan 2006
    Ladies & gents, I know this is premature, but she just arrived & I am too excited to not share; I will only post this one until she is built, so please indulge me. This is an 05, NOS dream cross. You can't get them any more, only the scandium is available. I have wanted one for more than 3 years, I finally convinced myself you only live once.

RoadBikeReview Member

That's some dealer

That's one heck of a great local bike shop swapping parts to get you just what you want. To assist you in getting your old bike sold is way above the call of duty.

Kudos to your local bike shop!

Hors Categorie
    Jan 2005
    1992 Master Olympic with Record 8 ErgoPower
    Last edited by iyeoh; 02-14-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Sep 2005

2006 Extreme c - yet to be built

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    Here's mine. 2005 C50 PRO1, Dura Ace, Zipp 404 clinchers (I also have Ksyrium SSCs), 3T bar and stem, Fizik Arione saddle. A joy to ride!

Aug 2004

'82 Super (?) and '04 C50

I've had the C50 for just over a year and I'm finally done tweaking it. 2004 with 2005 full Record. Total joy to ride.
    I got the Super (?) late last year. 1982 Super Record, not sure on the frame year. I found it hanging in somebody's garage on a painting job I was doing and traded a few hundred bucks worth of labor for it. I replaced the Cinelli stem and bar (different sizes) and levers (it had white Modolo Krono's) and I'm still in the process of cleaning all the little nooks and crannies. Sure does ride nice for an old gal.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Here's my meager contribution.

Year 2000 Dream
    Campy Record 10 speed
    ITM stem
    Ritchey handlebars
    Campy titanium seatpost
    Campy Barcelona rim and Ambrosio rim (tubular)
    Campy Record pedals
    Last edited by il sogno; 04-11-2006 at 11:34 PM.

Nov 2002
    no such thing as a meager contribution...especially when you get major retro points for having an extra tubie under your seat!

RoadBikeReview Member
    here attached is my dream of years and years and years. The wait was 6 month for the factory to build this frame. It was worth it in the long run...............

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonked
    no such thing as a meager contribution...especially when you get major retro points for having an extra tubie under your seat!
    Ah now if I were really retro I would wrap it in a figure 8 around my shoulders like the real old timers used to. Yes, back in the day when men were men. I've tried that a couple of times and what can I say, it's much more comfy folding it up under the saddle.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast