Pr99 Master
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pr99 Master

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009

Pr99 Master

The first of my new colnago family arrived. Should be built up in the next 2 weeks. Glbk c59 on the way too. Lucky me i guess.

It's a beauty, can't stop staring!

Hucken The Fard Up !
    very nice !

would it be possible to have the fork threaded so to use a quill stem ? then it would be perfect !
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Yep, I'm getting it done this week.

I will ruin it though by building with dura ace.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    7400 would be fitting.
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    There will be some 7400.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    The other build I saw of( andesman ?) with Athena alluminum is one of the best looking i have seen . very inspiring .

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Beautiful framseset. Where did you purchase your fame?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Do you have pictures of the bike finished? It's a beauty!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I HATE you Evil!!!! I love white bikes and now after seeing this thread, I must get a Master XL in this color. MUST.
    Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    I'm selling it, frameset or whole bike if wanted. 57 is not ideal for me, want a 56 to run a longer stem. Would consider a frameset swap for a 56 prbk, prza or pr99 but the other frame would have to be immaculate and only meet up in London so a massive long shot I know!

Hucken The Fard Up !
    It's amazing how such a little difference, like I this case 50 mms has such an effect in the fitting and feel.

I also tried a 57 but finally went with the 56 on a C50. Excellent fit.

I don't know how others builders and their customers are just content with 4 sizes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Yeah it a real shame but I think best to swap the frame now while it is still like new. I can ride it fine, the fit is fine in regards to contact points but the more I ride the bike the more the feel and handling is annoying me, I don't feel over the front wheel enough and stability of a longer stem would be better. I knew 57 is bigger than ideal when I bought it but it was there ready to buy immediately, I couldn't resist. Thankfully my c59 is a 56.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Laugh View Post
    Yeah it a real shame but I think best to swap the frame now while it is still like new. I can ride it fine, the fit is fine in regards to contact points but the more I ride the bike the more the feel and handling is annoying me, I don't feel over the front wheel enough and stability of a longer stem would be better. I knew 57 is bigger than ideal when I bought it but it was there ready to buy immediately, I couldn't resist. Thankfully my c59 is a 56.
    Yep, I totally understand. I like a 55 in Colnago sizing which has a 54.3 ETT, but I am comfortable up to a 56 ETT. I'm sure I could ride a 57 Master hub would much prefer a 55, maybe up to a 56 which as you know has a 55 ETT. Still, that pr99 is baaaaaaad to the bone!!!!!
    Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!!

Ride fast & dangerous
    What did the frame & fork run you? Just curious as that exact combo went here for $600.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Really?

The frames are 1995.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by american psycho View Post
    What did the frame & fork run you? Just curious as that exact combo went here for $600.
    Double really.

I sold a nos Master Saronni frameset for almost 3x $600.

...and he got a fairly good deal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Anyone is welcome to buy mine for $600 but postage would be $1000.

:-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by american psycho View Post
    Triple really?!?!?!? No way it was a newer model Master X Lite. Maybe it was an 80's? Regardless, I would have bought it for $600. Sucks I missed it! Where did it happen?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I priced a 2012 PR99 frameset....holy cow..with Precisa fork it listed for $3,200....best the shop could do was about $400 less.....said the new model year had a significant price increase....sad thing is...I still might buy it....that is one sexy frame.....but once you add some vintage looking athena...polished nitto stem, forks, bar.....nice custome built wheels......a vintage looking, but comfortable saddle....now you're talking some real money....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    What color # is the white frame with light blue highlites on the head tube and stays? Its the one I sold to a friend. I kept the black & white frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    If you mean this; it's an LX10...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Thats not it, but that sure is nice. There is a pic of it in the bike/frame forum under, brand new Colnago.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa_Lover View Post
    very nice !

would it be possible to have the fork threaded so to use a quill stem ? then it would be perfect !
    For my own Master I went the other route, I just had a new stem made to resemble a quill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hucken The Fard Up !
    that is also very nice. but well I guess it is on the details, the slender tubes of a master look more balanced with a slender quill stem and a slender round drops handlebars like this picture ...

RoadBikeReview Member
    [QUOTE=Salsa_Lover;3750820]that is also very nice. but well I guess it is on the details, the slender tubes of a master look more balanced with a slender quill stem and a slender round drops handlebars like this picture ...

Totally agree, that is the very reason this stem is fillet brazed with 1" diameter steel tubes, 26mm bar clamp and chromed to match the Master's overall aesthetic. It kills me this stem is still sitting on my desk (too busy) and not on the Master already. The black ITM Colnago alloy stem has gotta go!!!

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast