Baltimore (Hampden) Christmas Light Ride -- 12/14 @ 6:45 p.m.
    Go Blue

Baltimore (Hampden) Christmas Light Ride -- 12/14 @ 6:45 p.m.

Zeytin and I am organizing a ride through Baltimore’s Hampden neighborhood to view the Christmas lights on Tuesday, December 14. The plan is to assemble outside of La Famiglia, 105 West 39th Street, Baltimore (http://lafamigliabaltimore.com/). We then will ride to Hampden, which is about five minutes from the restaurant, to view the lights and return around 8:00 p.m. for dinner. Parking in the area sometimes can be hard to find. If you cannot find anything on the street, the restaurant has a lot across the street, for which you will need to pull a ticket, which the restaurant will validate.

The streets upon which we will be riding are fairly well lit. It would be optimal if everyone had both front and rear lights on their bikes. However, things will be bright enough that you probably could get away with a real light only.

Please PM or email me (if you have my email address) if you are planning to attend so that we can coordinate things (and make sure that we do not roll before everyone who plans to attend is there). Also, let me know if you will be staying for dinner so that we can make a reservation with the restaurant.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Let's see.......

Right now for Baltimore the forecast high temps for the 14th are the upper 20's.

And the ride isn't going to be in the warm part of the day.

You are a good man Mark.

I hope you have lots of good clothes too!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

Go Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    Let's see.......

Right now for Baltimore the forecast high temps for the 14th are the upper 20's.

And the ride isn't going to be in the warm part of the day.

You are a good man Mark.

I hope you have lots of good clothes too!
    I have commuted in the 20s and have enough gear for the ride next week. The good thing about the ride is that we never will be more than a mile from the start/finish so if anyone is getting really cold, we can bail pretty quickly.

I had the ride from hell on Sunday. It was cold, but seemed pleasant on my ride from home to Downtown Baltimore. Then, I turned around and realized that the ride had been so easy because I had had a 30+ mph tailwind. The 15 mile ride home with what had been a tailwind now as a headwind was an ordeal. At one point, I was mashing the pedals and hardly moving forward because of a gust. I would much rather climb mountains than deal with headwinds. At least you can see the mountains. I hope that you are enjoying riding without cold or mountains.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.