Feb 19 Ride Report
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004

Feb 19 Ride Report

I'd had it with riding the road bike on the trainer the last few weeks. It was time to get out and get some fresh air. The weather was perfect, 25 degrees and sunny with no wind. Note to self: wait until the ice is gone before taking off the studded tires. I knew it would be interesting when I wiped out in front of a couple of runners only to see them do the same 50 yards up the road. The first crash only resulted in a scuffed helmet. The second broke my taillight, dropped my chain, and scuffed up the helmet again. Didn't break the camera though. I walked the rest of the icy sections and got away with no bruises.
    All and all it was a great day. Saw some swimmers raising money, some nice quiet woods and a clear shot of the city.
    One of the swim groups was called the Frightened Turtles and a Girl. How appropriate.
    Makin' do till there is enough dry pavement for the skinny wheels.
    " He was so ticked off, he live-birthed a litter of warthogs and sicced 'em on those guys."

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Thanks for the report and glad you're ok. Where do you live?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoebuck
    Thanks for the report and glad you're ok. Where do you live?
    Madison, Wi. The goofy thing was I noticed the lense on my taillight was missing in action. I went to find it the next day but there was 4 inches of new snow on the ground. A leaf rake and 10 minutes of "raking" and there it was. Good as new.
    " He was so ticked off, he live-birthed a litter of warthogs and sicced 'em on those guys."

RoadBikeReview Member

Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by gotmilk?
    I'd had it with riding the road bike on the trainer the last few weeks. It was time to get out and get some fresh air. The weather was perfect, 25 degrees and sunny with no wind. Note to self: wait until the ice is gone before taking off the studded tires. I knew it would be interesting when I wiped out in front of a couple of runners only to see them do the same 50 yards up the road. The first crash only resulted in a scuffed helmet. The second broke my taillight, dropped my chain, and scuffed up the helmet again. Didn't break the camera though. I walked the rest of the icy sections and got away with no bruises.
    All and all it was a great day. Saw some swimmers raising money, some nice quiet woods and a clear shot of the city.
    One of the swim groups was called the Frightened Turtles and a Girl. How appropriate.
    Makin' do till there is enough dry pavement for the skinny wheels.
    Sounds like you had "one of those rides". And I don't mean one of those bad luck, nothing's going right, rides. I mean one of those simple, happy, all is right, kind of rides. They do exist, even when it's 25°F outside. I love those rides. They're usually followed up by a warm shower and a nice sammich.

Glad you got out and enjoyed it even though you took some tumbles. Spring is coming!
    RB
    phattire.net
    urban photography