I have prune hands
    Frog Whisperer

I have prune hands

ok, been a nasty week and I have NOT had enough saddle time...SO...this morning it is POURING...told my wife I was going for a ride....when I came down suited up....she looked at me with disbelief...."you're going for a ride?...I thought you were joking"

I have fenders on my Trek SS so.....off I went....10 miles in the pouring rain...I mean a guy can ONLY get so wet right?

It was fun....3 notes however....a urethane coated rip-stop nylon suit, while being ALMOST waterproof, DOES NOT BREATHE......AT ALL........, I need new brake pads, I realized as I blew past my turn because I couldn't slow enough to make it, that the pads are ORIGINAL, 1984 vintage.........and, as a SS in this area, a 50/16 is a little stiff for a recreational ride (read that as...hills ain't that much fun)
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

Frog Whisperer
    oh yeah...there are about 100 dead frogs on the road per 100 yards..it is REALLY kinda gross, thank goodness for the fenders

MTT
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Ever had prune hands so bad it hurts? I was surfing in Mexico last winter and one day I was in the water for a total of about 5 hours, and my hands hurt after I got out! Never happened when I was young.................MTT

Frog Whisperer
    ahhh yes...the when I was young card...I play that one a LOT

your text here
    dooooowd. its been over 6 inches of rain today! i didnt even RUN in this crap today.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Frog Whisperer
    wet is wet.....that much rain would have been MORE fun I would think.....we actually only got about 3/4 inch

Frog Whisperer
    doh......I posted this in the wrong thread...
    Hey you ever get up this way to ride?....there is a HUGE ride out of Lake Mills on Oct.4th, The Oktoberfest at Tyranea Brewery, it generally draws 1200 to 1500 riders.
    http://www.tyranena.com/bikeride/
    :
    1500 LIMIT! Sign up fast!
    (As of 9/12/08 we already have over 1,350 registered riders!)
    weather is normally good and it is ALWAYS a good time...my next door neighbor actually hosts a pit stop....

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    "need new brake pads, I realized as I blew past my turn because I couldn't slow enough to make it, that the pads are ORIGINAL, 1984 vintage"

Y'know, it's just a cryin' shame they don't make things the way they used to. I'd of thought those pads would be good until at least 2025. I'm so damned tired of the cheap crap they're puttin' out now-a-days.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

Frog Whisperer
    hehehehehe.....yeah that's for sure...My rims were just dripping with this thin black paste from the pads, I am glad i noticed in time to rinse it off before it dried. The brakes in the bike are not that great and haven't been since I got it. I bought new pads but gave them away (to the guy who gave me the bike, for his Le Tour). As a fixed it was LOT less of an issue...lol....
    Single pivot need god pads....period and I pretty much mostly ride this bike in crap conditions that I don't want to take Bianchi out in.

banned
    Rode this morning- lots of rain. What's the deal with the frogs?!? I had a stretch of road with hundreds of the little fellas belly up and half squashed...

ick.

Frog Whisperer
    yeah and the rest were ALL squashed!

btw they get a BIT slippery when wet too...LOL

Been a HUGE frog year......the early rains lead to a huge spike in populations, (leopard and green), Then, there was PLENTY of food in terms mosquitoes and other bugs

your text here
    not sure about this, but arent frogs like worms? when the ground is saturated they cant breathe, so must get to dry land. lots of times thats pavement.
    squish.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Frog Whisperer
    frogs don't live in the ground, they hop around and swim...seriously it was a HUGE year for frogs, greens and leopards around here, yet I haven't seen a toad all summer. They are all over the yard, in the woods, the roads, the ditches.....sure sounds pretty at night, there was enough moisture early on that they didn't need to be IN the water to avoid drying out....

Frog Whisperer
    frogs don't get prune hands......but after they dry out they get all wrinkly....