Maine Early Spring Commute
    RoadBikeReview Member

Maine Early Spring Commute

Morning was grey and cloudy.

1) Head of Somes Sound this morning. High tide.

2) Shot of Duck Brook from above on a bridge. (Props for the local whitewater canoe racers racing today on another stream. Gotta be bold to canoe in the cold.)

3) My crosshairs at Duck Brook Bridge. All granite built by the Rockefeller Family for the National Park. One of several, all architecturally different.

4) Park road with another Rockefeller Bridge. Some may remember this same shot from another ride report earlier in the year with much more snow.

singlecross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    ... somehow, I don’t know how, I want to influence a trend toward just riding... just riding like kids ride, but as adults. - Grant Petersen

RoadBikeReview Member

The ride home

Evening ride home. Sky cleared about a half hour before leaving work and I had a lovely ride home.

1)Looking across at Cadillac Mt. from the park loop road. Loop road runs to the top for a nice climb with spectacular views. Future ride report.

2) Somes sound this evening. Mid/Low tide.

3) Sunset on the bike at Long Pond, 100 yards from home. This is a great spot to take a dip and rinse off after a hot summer ride.

singlecross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    ... somehow, I don’t know how, I want to influence a trend toward just riding... just riding like kids ride, but as adults. - Grant Petersen

Feb 2005
    Absolutely gorgeous country! I want to move there. Thanks for the pics!

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Great pics. You really nail those blues. An instant candidate for next year's Kato Awards.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

Cyclist
    Nice pictures, and it must be great living by that lake.

But there's no snow in spring.

Nov 2006
    i love cadillac. that is one of my favorite climbs, hands down

great pictures

Bacon!
    That last pic is a beaut. Nice stuff.
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

Apr 2000
    Didn't you people get the memo? Like, it's Spring already...lose the snow.

Great shots of some beautiful country. Must be a great place to ride--when the roads are clear.