Ortlieb pannier attachments
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008

Ortlieb pannier attachments

Does anyone have pix of their Ortlieb bags attached to their rack? I'm trying to determine how the bottom of the bag fastens to the rack. I've seen photos of the attachment hardware but would like to see how it actually mates to the rack before I plunk down $200.

Thanks

In need of sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobonli
    Does anyone have pix of their Ortlieb bags attached to their rack? I'm trying to determine how the bottom of the bag fastens to the rack. I've seen photos of the attachment hardware but would like to see how it actually mates to the rack before I plunk down $200.

Thanks
    no time to take a picture this morning, but basically there's an easily positionable tab that hooks onto the rack's frame on the bottom, securing the bag from swinging back and forth or away from the outside of the rack frame. Set the pannier up the first time by hooking the top two spring clamps to the rack, then position the tab into place against the frame and tighten the plastic knob that locks the tab in the desired position.

When using the bags, you simply place the lower tab onto the rack frame, then secure the hook clamps to the rack's flat portion. It takes seconds to mount/unmount the bag.

I commute 34 miles round trip each day with a pair of Ortlieb panniers on my stock Blackburn rack, loaded with clothes, a MacBook Pro laptop, external hard drive and a camera. Never had an issue.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Thank you, that helps