San Sebastian Spain
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006

San Sebastian Spain

I will be in San Sebastian Spain in June for 2 weeks to study Spanish and am wondering if it is worth bringing my road bike with me. I know the area is great for biking but not sure how easy it is to ride right from the city itself. Anyone from the area or who spent time them riding there have any thoughts, suggestions, routes?
    thanks! CeeJay

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Was there with Sogno. No bikes were ridden but it looked like a fine place to ride. I also got to say that the town has food beyond compare. Wander into any tapas bar and eat! Eat!
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    I will be in San Sebastian Spain in June for 2 weeks to study Spanish and am wondering if it is worth bringing my road bike with me. I know the area is great for biking but not sure how easy it is to ride right from the city itself. Anyone from the area or who spent time them riding there have any thoughts, suggestions, routes?
    thanks! CeeJay
    Google: san sebastian españa bicicletas

Many places to rent a bike and/or get information on routes. Speaking a little Spanish will be helpful and you'll find the people of Spain are generally quite friendly.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.