A Thanksgiving Ride Report; Cleveland, TN
    Man, I'm Awesome

A Thanksgiving Ride Report; Cleveland, TN

So I decided to go on a little ride on Thanksgiving day before I stuffed myself. Downtown Cleveland is a fun place to ride around and take pictures as it is generally pretty deserted. Enjoy.

HO HO HO. Santa checking out my bike. Wow, those bars look high. I was futzing with my brake lever position and now I got those way too low and the bars are now turned up like a crazy persons. It doesn't look that bad in person, I promise.
    PB220823.JPG

Pawn shop anyone?
    PB220824.JPG

A picture of "The Ol' Woolen Mill". This place is huge. They used to make lots of wool clothing here. If only Rivendell had been around to sell some wool t-shirts back in the day they might still be open
    PB220827.JPG

Neat little barber shop. I picture Andy, Goober, Floyd and Barney hangning out here playing checkers. This is the O.K Barber Shop. Their nemis is right down the street, The Great Barber Shop.
    PB220828.JPG

The blue in the pole almost matches my bike.
    PB220829.JPG

I don't think in Mayberry next to Floyd's Barber shop there was an extreme skate shop named "Asylum"
    PB220830.JPG

I took this picture before, but I had different bar tape on.
    PB220831.JPG

Cafe Roma. Great little restaurant. Deserted street.
    PB220832.JPG

More deserted streets. It reminds me of the opening scene of "Vanilla Sky".
    PB220833.JPG

Neat bell in front of the courthouse.
    PB220835.JPG

9/11 Memorial.
    PB220836.JPG

War Memorial.
    PB220837.JPG

I had the whole place to myself.
    PB220839.JPG

PB220840.JPG

This is a neat little mausoleum outside the church where me and The Wife got married. It was for a little girl that got killed by a train about 200 years ago.
    PB220841.JPG

Another bell. This is starting to become the neat bell report.
    PB220842.JPG

The obligatory shot of the best bike shop in Cleveland.
    PB220843.JPG
    Last edited by brianmcg; 11-23-2007 at 11:20 AM.
    "I like to ride my bicycle." - Lance Armstrong -

Man, I'm Awesome
    Does anyone know how I can get rid of the two extra "attached" pictures at the bottom? When I try to edit they do not show up for me to delete.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcg
    Does anyone know how I can get rid of the two extra "attached" pictures at the bottom? When I try to edit they do not show up for me to delete.
    Edit your post->Go Advanced(if you are not already in advanced mode)->Click Upload Photos->there should be a link to "remove photo".
    "All I want in life is to ride my bike and drink good coffee."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcg
    Done. Nice post. When I do one of these winter time off hours posts I get accused of dropping a neutron bomb on my town...be ready for it.
    Scot Gore, Minneapolis

Man, I'm Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot_Gore
    Done. Nice post. When I do one of these winter time off hours posts I get accused of dropping a neutron bomb on my town...be ready for it.
    The last time I did this at Christmas, someone wondered if the Rapture had spread through Cleveland.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Are you the last one left in "The Mistake by the Lake"? If so it sure looks like a great place for some quiet urban riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

Man, I'm Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    Are you the last one left in "The Mistake by the Lake"? If so it sure looks like a great place for some quiet urban riding.
    LOL.

It does feel kinda creepy at times when I ride during the holidays. This last time when I was taking some pictures, many of which were near banks, I got nervous thinkinig if cops saw me they might think I was casing the place out. LOL.

At Christmas it is even worse. Even the Wal-Marts are closed at Christmas, and I can ride down streets I wouldn't even think of during the year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aren't you going to tell him it's not THAT Cleveland and your river has never caught fire.
    Scot Gore, Minneapolis

Go Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot_Gore
    Aren't you going to tell him it's not THAT Cleveland and your river has never caught fire.
    Funny that you should say that. I was looking at the photos and saying to myself: That does not look like Cleveland. Then I scrolled up and saw the TN after Cleveland. Nice pics.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.