Velo Classic Tours

Sep 2004

Velo Classic Tours

Anyone have any experience with Velo Classic Tours...I am thinking about one of their trips ( Spring Classic). Any info would be great
    Thanks

http://www.veloclassic.com/general_info.php

Aug 2004

Vct

Yeah, Ive done the SC trip and it was incredible. Send me a PM and I can give you plenty more. They are excellent and Pete and Lisa make one fantastic trip. I can recommend without hesitation.

As for the weather in April in Belgium, well, thats quite a different proposition!

tc

edited add: http://www.veloclassic.com/belgium.php

just do it!
    Last edited by topcarb; 11-29-2004 at 12:33 PM.

Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by calfeeguy
    Anyone have any experience with Velo Classic Tours...I am thinking about one of their trips ( Spring Classic). Any info would be great
    Thanks

They are hands down the best in the business. They exceeded all our expecations, and are a pleasure to travel with- we're going with them again this year.

Sep 2004
    Which trip?

Quote Originally Posted by vlaanderen2004
    They are hands down the best in the business. They exceeded all our expecations, and are a pleasure to travel with- we're going with them again this year.

Nov 2004
    Which trip?
    we did the French Alps, going to do the Dolomites in September.

RoadBikeReview Member
    we did the French Alps, going to do the Dolomites in September.

Sorry to pull up such a old post. I am thinking of doing either the Dolomites or the Rhone alps both in September too.
    Do you know how quick these tours fill up? Meaning how long in advance do you need to reserve a spot?
    This will be my first trip to Europe & I am 99.9% sure I am going. But it is such a long way to September.
    Thanks for any info

Nov 2004
    Glad to help. Their trips are very popular- and there is no better company to travel with if this is your first time to Europe. I wouldn't wait too long to reserve a spot- Peter is a great guy to deal with, and always very flexible and helpful- I know he keeps his trips at low numbers, so the sooner the better. I've done both the Alps and the Dolomites, and they were incredible! you can't go wrong with either trip- good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by flying
    Sorry to pull up such a old post. I am thinking of doing either the Dolomites or the Rhone alps both in September too.
    Do you know how quick these tours fill up? Meaning how long in advance do you need to reserve a spot?
    This will be my first trip to Europe & I am 99.9% sure I am going. But it is such a long way to September.
    Thanks for any info

Aug 2004
    Glad to help. Their trips are very popular- and there is no better company to travel with if this is your first time to Europe. I wouldn't wait too long to reserve a spot- Peter is a great guy to deal with, and always very flexible and helpful- I know he keeps his trips at low numbers, so the sooner the better. I've done both the Alps and the Dolomites, and they were incredible! you can't go wrong with either trip- good luck

I couldnt agree more Vlaanderen. Peter/VCT is totally first rate and you'll have a great time.

I suggest sending Peter an email and let him know what youre thinking about. He understands all aspects of planning and delivering a cycling trip, so im certain you can get a schedule sorted out. I know Veloclassic gets plenty of repeat customers...that should say it all.

topcarb

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks Folks
    Yes I am in contact with Peter over gearing, bike transport etc.
    He is recommending a 50-34 with a 12/27......... wow
    He also said there are rentals bikes. Anyone see these?
    I will probably take mine but going from Hawaii the bike gets transferred 4 times.
    Getting excited now & still have 10 months to go ;)
    10 months to get in shape too. I climb a lot now but the tour looks like
    consecutive days of big climbs. I usually go every other day myself here when I can.
    Thanks again!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've done both the Alps and the Dolomites, and they were incredible! you can't go wrong with either trip- good luck
    I meant to also ask....Which of these two did you feel was harder?
    Was it harder by a lot?

Thanks!

Nov 2004
    hey, just caught your note. Dolomites were harder- but I enjoyed them both. Check out the November issue of Procycling magazine- excellent piece on Velo Classic Tours and their Dolomites trip. Either trip, you'll have the time of your life!
    I meant to also ask....Which of these two did you feel was harder?
    Was it harder by a lot?

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    hey, just caught your note. Dolomites were harder- but I enjoyed them both. Check out the November issue of Procycling magazine- excellent piece on Velo Classic Tours and their Dolomites trip. Either trip, you'll have the time of your life!
    Thanks I thought so ;)
    Yes I saw that article. I am penciled in for the Alps in Sept.
    Perhaps try the Dolomites after that.
    I can hardy wait these next 10 months.
    Thanks again!

merckxman
    Jan 2002

Lots of Climbing in the Dolomites

It's good to have some low gearing; some climbs go for many hours. And if you are tired on subsequent days it's good to know there are one or two gears in reserve. You may do some of the climbs that are in the MARATONA Dles DOLOMITES (8,500 participant, one day ride). Ride profile:

Thanks Folks
    Yes I am in contact with Peter over gearing, bike transport etc.
    He is recommending a 50-34 with a 12/27......... wow
    He also said there are rentals bikes. Anyone see these?
    I will probably take mine but going from Hawaii the bike gets transferred 4 times.
    Getting excited now & still have 10 months to go ;)
    10 months to get in shape too. I climb a lot now but the tour looks like
    consecutive days of big climbs. I usually go every other day myself here when I can.
    Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nov 2004
    did you go on their classics trip? Topcarb went and said it was awesome.
    Thanks

Nov 2004
    spent two nights in Corvara with Velo Classic Tours on the Dolomites trip in September- beautiful hotel right in town- rode the Campolongo, Pordoi, Sella, Gardena on the loop day. Can't imagine climbing any more on a single ride, that was quite enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by merckxman
    It's good to have some low gearing; some climbs go for many hours. And if you are tired on subsequent days it's good to know there are one or two gears in reserve. You may do some of the climbs that are in the MARATONA Dles DOLOMITES (8,500 participant, one day ride). Ride profile: