Wildwood MO august August wildflowers
    Unlabeled

Wildwood MO august August wildflowers

It's been above 90 degrees everyday this month and as high as 105. You'd think that plants growing along the side of the road would be withered and dry, but as a slowly pedal up the hills of Wildwood and St. Albans, MO, this is what I saw. And yes, I do need to clean my chain and chainrings
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lugged Steel Treks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Wildwood is such a great place to ride, scenic and challenging.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    What is the tree covered road? Bouquet Rd perhaps?

RoadBikeReview Member

lovely

I love wildflowers. My favourite places are in Alpine meadows. There is something magical about the snow melting in July, the flowers coming in a rush and then dying by mid-August. To be there when you can practically see the flowers bursting up is a true joy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You must be getting some rain in addition to the heat. It's been just as hot in NC, but it's hardly rained all summer. Trees are dropping their leaves early, the lawns are brown (unless people enough to run their sprinklers every day), and there are hardly any flowers blooming -- except for Crepe Myrtles, which seem to thrive in hot dry weather.

imbasilical moreon
    Quote Originally Posted by tarwheel2
    You must be getting some rain in addition to the heat. It's been just as hot in NC, but it's hardly rained all summer. Trees are dropping their leaves early, the lawns are brown (unless people enough to run their sprinklers every day), and there are hardly any flowers blooming -- except for Crepe Myrtles, which seem to thrive in hot dry weather.
    ...I was just reflecting on this...the maples are dropping leaves, the view out onto my brown dry lawn looks like fall......

...it's so dry that the chipmunks are risking life & limb by making a dash to the dog's water bowl for a quick drink.......

"Totally INTP"

Unlabeled
    Quote Originally Posted by thebadger
    What is the tree covered road? Bouquet Rd perhaps?
    I think that this was Melrose near St. Albans Road.
    Lugged Steel Treks

Have a nice day
    When I was a teenager some friends and I would regularly ride from Evergreen subdivision out to Highway T (St. Albans Rd.) and then back through Grover on Manchester Rd. Not exactly an epic ride, but we were teenagers on ca. 1980 Huffys and Schwinns, complete with stem shifters. We felt like real cyclists because we had removed our "safety levers" and wore fingerless gloves.

Then we turned 16 and got drivers licenses, and well... that was the end of that.

But whenever I feel like the weather is too hot for riding, I remember Missouri summers and suddenly it doesn't seem so bad here

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnorton
    Wildwood is such a great place to ride, scenic and challenging.
    +1.
    Just moved from Wildwood to Seattle area and miss the quiet roads and rural feel.

Still got a great house for sale. Close to Rockwood Reservation off Hwy 109. Somebody must need to buy a house in road cycling heaven? Anybody? PLEEEASE! Snow ski & golf "resort" 3.2 miles from your front door. Oh well, may have to move back.