Wouldn't you know it
    hrv

Dec 2001

Wouldn't you know it

Here I was jazzed about this morning being my first commute this season without needing a headlight. Light at 6:30, yeah!!

Well, 5 minutes after I left my house I see a car coming from the other lane, no big deal , but as I get closer I notice it's 2 cars: 1 is passing the other, into my lane, and apparently not noticing/caring that I was there! Close, close call. Would they have gone back into their lane if I was more visible with a headlight? Who knows.

I'm still jazzed about the increased light, and the other thing is I put my summer training tires on since much of the gravel has been swept up. Totally expect to get a flat on the way home now!

Be careful out there , people. I live in a rural town of only about 5000 people, but it just takes 1 car to ruin your life. Be alert.

hrv

May 2004

I still have mine mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by hrv
    Here I was jazzed about this morning being my first commute this season without needing a headlight. Light at 6:30, yeah!!

Well, 5 minutes after I left my house I see a car coming from the other lane, no big deal , but as I get closer I notice it's 2 cars: 1 is passing the other, into my lane, and apparently not noticing/caring that I was there! Close, close call. Would they have gone back into their lane if I was more visible with a headlight? Who knows.

I'm still jazzed about the increased light, and the other thing is I put my summer training tires on since much of the gravel has been swept up. Totally expect to get a flat on the way home now!

Be careful out there , people. I live in a rural town of only about 5000 people, but it just takes 1 car to ruin your life. Be alert.

hrv

I haven't needed to use it for a couple weeks now. But if I think someone is going to do something stupid, I toggle it on and off quickly. They usually slow way down trying to figure out what it is.

RoadBikeReview Member

One word for ya..........

Quote Originally Posted by hrv

Well, 5 minutes after I left my house I see a car coming from the other lane, no big deal , but as I get closer I notice it's 2 cars: 1 is passing the other, into my lane, and apparently not noticing/caring that I was there! Close, close call. Would they have gone back into their lane if I was more visible with a headlight?
    hrv
    H.I.D

Commuter
    H.I.D
    Yup.

H.I.D spells R-E-S-P-E-C-T
    You can call me "MTP" if my full screen name grosses you out.