Wouldntcha know it.
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Wouldntcha know it.

Running late on my way to work yesterday, heard pfft pffft pffft out of my back tire. Stopped, changed the tube, started pumping, pump jammed up. Opened the pump and it was full of grit and sticky gunk (hadn`t been used in quite a while). Hurriedly tried to clean it up the best I could with the only thing I had handy- one of the socks I had been wearing, tried again. Pumped a few strokes and it jammed up. In a stroke of inspiration (desperation?), I unscrewed the pump again, spat on the O-rings, put it back together and tried one more time. I managed to get it close enough and limpped into work taking extra care to go easy on the potholes and such. Made it through the door about two minutes before shift change, went to grab my radio, check in with my boss and see what he had to pass on to me before I had time to change into my uniform. At lunch, I went out to fetch my pump so I could bring it in and clean it out good and I noticed that I hadn`t zipped my tube and tool bag closed. It was empty. Dang.

I'm workin' on it....
    Nov 2007
    One of those days.....You'll be due for some better luck tomorrow, hopefully.

MTT
    RoadBikeReview Member
    That does suck! What do you do? Are you Police?

MTT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Yup, much better luck today and I`ve cleaned, lubed and checked out the mini pumps on both my bikes- since I bought a floor pump I need to make sure they get a workout from time to time, I guess. No, not a cop- night shift maint mechanic at a gravure printing plant.