Anyone tried Specialized Romin in 168mm width?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

Anyone tried Specialized Romin in 168mm width?

Yesterday, I rode with Spec Romin Evo in 155mm. I did about 2 hour long tempo mostly riding in the drops. I had to adjust the saddle height few times to get it exactly how I like it, but overall, I love this seat! I felt that almost all of the weight was rested on my sit bone, and no pressure on my boys at all. My sit bone was measured to be 122mm, so 155mm seat width seem to work out for the Romin, but I'm curious to try the 168mm. The reason that I want to try it is that I do like more support on the tail lift of the saddle to sort of push off of it, and I didn't feel much of that with 155mm width.
    I know that I just need to try it out, but I want to get some opinions as I would need to go to the LBS to swap out the saddle, then get it adjusted again, and if I don't like it as much, I would have to switch it back up.
    Any input will be appreciated!

RoadBikeReview Member
    It really isn't that much effort to change out saddles and try it, and that's really the only way of knowing if it will be better or worse for you, so do it.
    ... 'cuz that's how I roll.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by looigi View Post
    It really isn't that much effort to change out saddles and try it, and that's really the only way of knowing if it will be better or worse for you, so do it.
    quote from my initial post, "I know that I just need to try it out, but I want to get some opinions as I would need to go to the LBS to swap out the saddle, then get it adjusted again, and if I don't like it as much, I would have to switch it back up.
    Any input will be appreciated!"

RoadBikeReview Member

Re: Anyone tried Specialized Romin in 168mm width?

I have tried both sizes. I did 74 miles on the 168 and found it to be mostly comfortable. It rubbed a little on my thighs and felt a little wide. Swapped to the 155 and did a century on it last weekend. I won't say it felt great but it didn't kill me either. The key to comfort with this saddle for me is good bibs and chammy butter.
    People sleep peaceably at night because rough men and woman stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Oregon Bike MS 2013 Team Matfam

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by matfam View Post
    I have tried both sizes. I did 74 miles on the 168 and found it to be mostly comfortable. It rubbed a little on my thighs and felt a little wide. Swapped to the 155 and did a century on it last weekend. I won't say it felt great but it didn't kill me either. The key to comfort with this saddle for me is good bibs and chammy butter.
    Have you had your sit bone measured? What's your height and weight if I may ask?