Bar tape recommendations

Printable View

• 04-29-2019
    velodog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mfdemicco View Post
    Electrical tape leaves residue as well.

Maybe a light film, and a swipe with a paper towel damp with goo gone will remove it. It's a lot quicker, easier and neater than picking and scraping those pieces of bar tape off the bars.
  • 05-01-2019
    coresare
    Supacaz
  • 05-05-2019
    mfdemicco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Maybe a light film, and a swipe with a paper towel damp with goo gone will remove it. It's a lot quicker, easier and neater than picking and scraping those pieces of bar tape off the bars.

I think electrical tape is messy (and I'm using good quality 3M brand tape). Anyone using another type of tape to tape cables to the bar and finish the bar wrap?
  • 05-05-2019
    Oxtox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mfdemicco View Post
    I think electrical tape is messy (and I'm using good quality 3M brand tape). Anyone using another type of tape to tape cables to the bar and finish the bar wrap?

have a bunch of blue painter's tape left over from a kitchen make-over, so I just use that to attach cables to the bars. no sticky mess...

to finish the wrap, I recently started using self-fusing tape...stuff is very cool and looks really nice.
  • 05-06-2019
    Bremerradkurier
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    have a bunch of blue painter's tape left over from a kitchen make-over, so I just use that to attach cables to the bars. no sticky mess...

to finish the wrap, I recently started using self-fusing tape...stuff is very cool and looks really nice.

I've been using nylon reinforced strapping tape for the cables-kind of wonder if heat shrink tubing would be strong enough to hold cable housing in place as it would be zero residue.
  • 05-10-2019
    4slomo
    I use cloth electrical tape and wear full-fingered work gloves.
  • 05-10-2019
    steinercat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post

Iím going to try self-fusing tape. Electrical tape looks like sh*t when it starts to unstick on the sides.
  • 05-11-2019
    Fredrico
    Quote:
    Yeah, man! :thumbsup: Grippy surface under padded gloves. That's it. Wipe it clean with rag and dish soap. Is it still being made, or NOS?
  • 05-14-2019
    KonaMan
    Supacaz is the only way to go. It's a little harder to work with, but they really take out the road vibrations. I've got the black w/red stars on my BMC and the wife's pink GanS has the hot pink fade.

https://supacaz.com/