Basic Question - stupid??
    toomanybikes

Basic Question - stupid??

The prize for the stupid question of the day,

I go into my LBS today to pick-up a Michelin Carbon - $78 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left without it and checked out Bikeroom.com when I got home - Michelin Carbon - $43

Go figure.

Anyway, I get looking at the other stuff and am looking at the Spin Skinz - when I buy Spin Skinz - am I buying a package for two tires or just one?

Bikeroom doesn't really make it clear and I can't tell from the Spin Skinz web-site.

While I'm at it - I'm looking at the Kenda Koncept tires on BikeRoom - they're cheap - don't know how durable or anything else about them - anyone??

Anyway - any help on the Spin Skinz anyone??

eminence grease
    The Spin Skinz I bought for my MTB came as a pair. The pair of them acted in collusion in wearing a pair of holes in two MTB tubes and giving me a pair of flats.

Done with winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanybikes
    I go into my LBS today to pick-up a Michelin Carbon - $78 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left without it and checked out Bikeroom.com when I got home - Michelin Carbon - $43
    biketiresdirect.com, RBR advertiser has them for $29 a piece.

May 2002
    ....lucky you didn't look in Europe....Carbons are like 23 bucks here and Pro Race ($60 on that site) are sometimes the same or even less......something strange is up with tire pricing around the world...

Even in the US prices can be much lower:
    http://www.bicycletires.com

Carbon $29.99

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by asterisk
    biketiresdirect.com, RBR advertiser has them for $29 a piece.
    Yup, I was ready to order from their until I got to the shipping page where they said they ship only to the lower 48 and certainly do not ship to Canada ...................

Third World Country status - again .......................

Done with winter.
    Damn, that sucks... sorry man. They're close enough to me that I just pick them up at their warehouse.

Mar 2004

Kenda Koncepts work for me.

[QUOTE=toomanybikes] ...While I'm at it - I'm looking at the Kenda Koncept tires on BikeRoom - they're cheap - don't know how durable or anything else about them - anyone??QUOTE]

I use them for commuting/training. The road feel is OK and I've had no problems with them sticking to the pavement. Where they've been exceptional is in flat resistance. When I first started commuting to work, I got a flat every two weeks on my Conti 2000 Ultras.

I picked up the Koncepts from Supergo for $10 apiece (they're regularly on sale at this price), figuring that they're worth a shot. Anyway, after about 4 months of commuting, I never had a flat on my commute on these tires...and I've road debris and patches of glass that I couldn't avoid.

I read some of the reviews and these tires may have sidewall durability problems. But they've done fine by me.

toomanybikes
    [QUOTE=NoMSG]
    ...While I'm at it - I'm looking at the Kenda Koncept tires on BikeRoom - they're cheap - don't know how durable or anything else about them - anyone??QUOTE]

I use them for commuting/training. The road feel is OK and I've had no problems with them sticking to the pavement. Where they've been exceptional is in flat resistance. When I first started commuting to work, I got a flat every two weeks on my Conti 2000 Ultras.

I picked up the Koncepts from Supergo for $10 apiece (they're regularly on sale at this price), figuring that they're worth a shot. Anyway, after about 4 months of commuting, I never had a flat on my commute on these tires...and I've road debris and patches of glass that I couldn't avoid.

I read some of the reviews and these tires may have sidewall durability problems. But they've done fine by me.
    Perfect - that's what I want - cheap for the commuter and not getting aflat every block.

Amazing what's on the road now that the snow is melting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

LaBicicletta

Yup, I was ready to order from their until I got to the shipping page where they said they ship only to the lower 48 and certainly do not ship to Canada ...................

LaBicicletta is Canadian and has good prices on tires (and other stuff, too). They have shops on both sides of the border and so serve USA/Canada equally well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

try [email protected]. DAnny might ship to Canada, especially if you ask nicely and bribe him with candy. he has the Carbons for $24 a piece.
    when you said $70+, that was in Canadian pesos, yes? ;)