Bottom Bracket info Giant TCR Composite?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Bottom Bracket info Giant TCR Composite?

I have a 2004 Giant TCR Composite frame on the way and need to get a bottom bracket. I'm planning on using the FSA compact carbon crank. Anyone know which thread the frame is? Also, input on Octalink or ISIS for the axle/arm attachment. There was a note on Excel's website that you should use the Dura Ace or Ultegra bottom bracket. The FSA site shows ISIS. All inputs are welcome.

Gary

Feb 2004
    Your frame uses English threading for the BB. As for the type of attachment that will matter on the crank that you buy. FSA cranks come in Octalink, ISIS and even square taper (very hard to find in US) The FSA compact cranks sold at Excel require an Octalink BB. So you will need either this BB- http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?p...ajor=1&minor=6

or this one- http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?p...ajor=1&minor=6

You'll need to order the 68X109mm BSC (English) threaded BB for either one you choose.

Hope that helps.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    If your going to go with the Octalink then there isn't any reason you couldn't use a 105 BB either, I think it just says that on the Excel website because they don't stock the 105 BB. I just got the FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue cranks for my bike in Octalink form and am using it on a 105BB.