Can multiple cadence sensors be paired to a Garmin 705?
    Slightly Opinionated

Can multiple cadence sensors be paired to a Garmin 705?

I've just finished rebuilding my cross bike, and I'm wondering if it's worth attempting to pair a second cadence sensor to my Garmin 705, or if this will just really screw up the pairing of the sensor on my road bike.

Anyone done this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    you'll have to pair it each time you move the head unit, but it will work

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    I have a 705 that I swap between my road and cross bikes, each with a cadence sensor. After synching the sensors before the very first use, no additional setup was needed. I do change the bike profile according to which bike I'm using but that's it.

Slightly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrefytr
    I have a 705 that I swap between my road and cross bikes, each with a cadence sensor. After synching the sensors before the very first use, no additional setup was needed. I do change the bike profile according to which bike I'm using but that's it.
    Do you have any issues with the 705 reading multiple sensors when you start riding, or does one of the sensors truly go to sleep when not used after a certain period of time?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    Nope, no problems. The two sensors I have paired the 705 with are the only two that it will pick up. I just select the bike I'm using and as soon as the wheel magnet or the cadence magnet passes by the sensor, it beeps, tells me a cadence sensor was selected and I'm good to go. I regularly ride among others with Garmin cadence sensors with no problems. The only issue I've had is if I forget to select the right bike. Then the miles for the ride are added to the wrong odometer. I have the head unit set for 3 bike profiles, which I believe is the limit. I have a profile for the road bike with a cadence sensor, the cross bike with a cadence sensor, and a profile for MTB. I don't use a cadence sensor for the MTBs, which could be any one of 5 different bikes. I don't have a cumulative mileage total for the MTBs but I sort that out by exporting to Sporttracks.