• 05-21-2008
    jantar
    Changing from Shimano spd sl road pedals to Look Keo's
    Hi All,

I'm about to change from Shimano spd sl road pedals to some Look Keo's.

Is this just a simple change of the cleats with the same alignment or are there traps for young players in doing so?

Thanks for the help. :)
  • 05-21-2008
    cyclust
    The only trap is to never, ever walk on Keo cleats. They wear so fast you'll spend more on the cleats in a few years time than you did on the pedals themselves. But if you do make the switch, I'd just put the cleats where the old ones were as a starting point, and they should be pretty close. You may have to make minor adjustments, but not much.
  • 05-21-2008
    android
    Is there any good reason that you are changing? These are almost identical in function except for the fact the Keo cleats really suck. I could understand changing if you had some knee issue and wanted more float like a speedplay or time or something, but I can't think of any good reason to move from SPD-SL to Keo.
  • 05-21-2008
    Oldteen
    Started with SPD-SL & last year decided to try Keo. IMHO- I think Keo cleats engage easier. Cleat covers are recommended when walking on original Keo cleats, but the newer Keo cleats have a "gripper" for walking & should hold up better.