CX's examples of how not to take care of your bike... - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    What do you do that causes that?
    Using the multi quote button, toggle it on on a post...and it stays toggled forever, and that post will forever get quotes in your posts...until you untoggle it

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    If I quote a post, then at some point later in the thread I quote another post the forum automatically includes every post I've quoted in the thread. Before I posted this quote I had to delete the quotes from Spike and someone else...they were above your quote. I've never seen this happen on any other forum and it happens on my work desktop as well as my MacBook at home.
    I don't know how this happens. It never happens to me. Must be an Apple thing.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    I don't know how this happens. It never happens to me. Must be an Apple thing.
    Never happened to me either. Maybe this forum had bone to pick with cxwrench and did that as F U?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Mac? There's your problem right there, lady.

For a while, I just thought you super-agreed with my opinion about ProLink, the Friction Mutilator, and wanted to share it all the time with all of your fans on RBR.

I began to think of myself as an Influencer, in the dumbly RBR social media context of that word.
    Those Influencers can make some dough.

To post this reply/quote I had to delete the post from Dave G and your earlier post about Pro Link. My work computer is a PC on Windows 10 so it's not just an Apple thing.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

What the what???
    No way I was gonna go anywhere near it, bikes like this are going to be a huge pain as well as probably ruin whatever clothes and shoes you're wearing. Not worth it.
    And having now seen your workspace in the Workspace Wednesday thread, I can see why...
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Using the multi quote button, toggle it on on a post...and it stays toggled forever, and that post will forever get quotes in your posts...until you untoggle it
    The Answer.
    Too old to ride plastic

Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Why do people want to convert others to their chain lube regiment? Its like chain lube Jehovah Witnesses.
    Exactly. That's why I keep telling people... forget the homebrew, forget all those fancy new chain lubes. Get ProLink, the one and only Best Chain Lube. ProLink... It's got what chains crave.
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    The Answer.
    I don't think so. There are definitely times that I haven't used it and multiple past quotes have shown up in a post. I rarely use multi-quote.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I know that any time I haven't untoggled a multi-quote the toggled quote shoes up in my next reply and needs to be untoggled not to show up again.

But then again, maybe you know this and you're really an agent for "ProLink, the one and only Best Chain Lube". Might even be in cahoots with Spike in this endeavor. But this is just speculation on my part.
    Too old to ride plastic

[REDACTED]
    I don't think so. There are definitely times that I haven't used it and multiple past quotes have shown up in a post. I rarely use multi-quote.
    I still don't quite understand. Can't you just highlight and cut out the part you don't want to be in the reply?

But then again, maybe you know this and you're really an agent for "ProLink, the one and only Best Chain Lube". Might even be in cahoots with Spike in this endeavor.
    And remember the CX and I are the same person with different accounts.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

xxl
    I know that any time I haven't untoggled a multi-quote the toggled quote shoes up in my next reply and needs to be untoggled not to show up again....
    Sounds like you have a sticky multi-quote toggle; some Pro-Link dripped on your keyboard will stop that from happening.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Sounds like you have a sticky multi-quote toggle; some Pro-Link dripped on your keyboard will stop that from happening.
    Hey, you hornin' in on CX's kick backs?
    Too old to ride plastic

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    This thread made me decide to try Dumonde after 20 years of home-brew and pro link.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Try clearing "Cache" so the multi quote gets cleared up. This is a good thing to do on your computer every then and again.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Why do people want to convert others to their chain lube regiment? Its like chain lube Jehovah Witnesses.
    Exactly. That's why I keep telling people... forget the homebrew, forget all those fancy new chain lubes. Get ProLink, the one and only Best Chain Lube. ProLink... It's got what chains crave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Try clearing "Cache" so the multi quote gets cleared up. This is a good thing to do on your computer every then and again.
    Tried it then quoted your post...and it still includes the other 2 from Dave G & SPIKE. I guess I'll just have to remember to check for other quotes and then delete them manually.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Tried it then quoted your post...and it still includes the other 2 from Dave G & SPIKE. I guess I'll just have to remember to check for other quotes and then delete them manually.
    You may need a deep cleaning of your computer app. Kind of like heavily gunked up bicycle drivetrain, you gotta take it a part and scrub it thoroughly with brush and degreaser / solvent.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    You may need a deep cleaning of your computer app. Kind of like heavily gunked up bicycle drivetrain, you gotta take it a part and scrub it thoroughly with brush and degreaser / solvent.
    I think maybe it's a sign that we all should be using what chains crave.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    All due respect to Dave G, Dave G is 110% wrong about chain lube.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Time for a tune up. This guy called me yesterday to ask how much a tune up would cost. When I gave him the price, he freaked out. "My car mechanic charges less than that. My plumber..." Like somehow my trade is worth less than theirs. Believe me, his car mechanic or plumber would have charged extra for this sh#t.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 202cycle View Post
    Time for a tune up. This guy called me yesterday to ask how much a tune up would cost. When I gave him the price, he freaked out. "My car mechanic charges less than that. My plumber..." Like somehow my trade is worth less than theirs. Believe me, his car mechanic or plumber would have charged extra for this sh#t.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Even the crud in these photos is begging someone to get the crud off them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is that a Ninja Throwing Star?
    Too old to ride plastic

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Hit it with a few squirts of WD40. It'll be like new in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Is that a Ninja Throwing Star?
    Yes it is. While clearly the spikes aren't long enough to cause a fatal wound. The toxic coating will cause Botulism in even the slightest scratch.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    The derailleur is in the scrap pile. No way in hell I was going to clean that thing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    ^ There are spas with a pool of little fishes that eat / clean dead skin off of your feet when you dip in. I wonder if there is a version of such creatures for gunked up machine parts... Emoticon-Think.gif

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast